Visiting my parents and bringing my dog!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 08:31 PM

Aww that's OK Barb1191. No worries. Hugs back at you! I thought you were trying to school me on dog ownership and the dangers of the heat...
Old 04-21-2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks K9-Lovers! I actually read about them somewhere. I'll look into it. I hope it works for her. She's come a LONG way since I rescued her, but she's never flown before, let alone slept in a home other than mine. It certainly can't hurt! Oh and thanks for setting me straight on the dog ID card question. My mother appreciates it too!!

To The Great Fumar... you are cracking me up! Too funny!!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBeans View Post
Thanks K9-Lovers! I actually read about them somewhere. I'll look into it. I hope it works for her. She's come a LONG way since I rescued her, but she's never flown before, let alone slept in a home other than mine. It certainly can't hurt! Oh and thanks for setting me straight on the dog ID card question. My mother appreciates it too!!

She may not need an ID card, but might she need a gate pass? The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

JillyBeans,

You are taking your girl INSIDE the plane with you and not placing her in cargo, right?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I never like flying with dogs.....they always want the aisle seat!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Dogs are not allowed into pool areas according to the following recreation guide:

http://www.districtgov.org/images/RecGuide.pdf
Have NEVER seen any dogs at any of the pools. I would suspect that it's againest the rules...and any "yeah buts" would be excluded. I'm sure your sweet puppy is wonderful but my question is what do you do when you have places to go where you live?? I would suspect there are places there she's not allowed as well.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
I'm sure your sweet puppy is wonderful but my question is what do you do when you have places to go where you live?? I would suspect there are places there she's not allowed as well.
Of course! I don't take her everywhere and she is left alone everyday while I work. I am only visiting the Villages for 4 days. I just wanted to limit her alone time... that's all!!! I can forsee many situations where we are going to HAVE to leave her alone. She will survive. I'm not looney, I promise. I just thought that it would be so wonderful if her "alone times" didn't have to include when I will be at the pool. I'm probably only going to the pool for an hour or 2, at most. But she's so mellow and would enjoy just lounging with me out there. It would have been nice to include her... That's all!

What's ironic is that my dog would be less of a "infringement" at a public pool than most people and certainly ANY child. She's super quiet, sweet and gentle...plus she'd NEVER pee (or poop in a diaper) while in the pool!!! But I get it... SHE'S A DOG!!! She's still my best friend though.... can't blame me for wanting to spend my time with her.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:

Great Fumar cracks ever one up who loves dogs!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Of course! I don't take her everywhere and she is left alone everyday while I work. I am only visiting the Villages for 4 days. I just wanted to limit her alone time... that's all!!! I can forsee many situations where we are going to HAVE to leave her alone. She will survive. I'm not looney, I promise. I just thought that it would be so wonderful if her "alone times" didn't have to include when I will be at the pool. I'm probably only going to the pool for an hour or 2, at most. But she's so mellow and would enjoy just lounging with me out there. It would have been nice to include her... That's all!

What's ironic is that my dog would be less of a "infringement" at a public pool than most people and certainly ANY child. She's super quiet, sweet and gentle...plus she'd NEVER pee (or poop in a diaper) while in the pool!!! But I get it... SHE'S A DOG!!! She's still my best friend though.... can't blame me for wanting to spend my time with her.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Jilly Beans, there is nothing we villagers don't love about a dog lover, well most of us.

It sounds very reasonable to take your pup to the pool and I am sure she would NOT be a bother and all would enjoy her.

BUT we have a lot of rules here and they are the reason this place is so wonderful and comfortable for all of the 80 thousand people who call it home.

When you arrive here you will soon see what I mean.

AND there are a lot of frustrated comedians on this forum, myself included. I think it is because most of us are in such a good mood all of the time, we just impishly like to crack jokes.

Please have a wonderful time. Are you close to 55? If so drink only bottled beverages and leave bright colored ones alone.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Sage

Dogs definitely are not allowed at any pools, and I think that is very wise! But I do love the thought of your mom going to a Rec Centre and requesting a Guest Pass for your dog.

JillyBeans, you might be interested in taking your doggie to the private dog park, Doggie Doo Run Run, on CR 101. There are lots of really nice dog owners there if you're interested in socializing. There is a small dog area for dogs under 30 lbs. At first a timid dog is very anxious there, but they grow to love the place, and it helps them develop self confidence. The first time I visited DDRR, my little dog, Biggins, just sat in my lap. The second time he was flying around and playing, and now he can't wait for his daily visit there.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
No dogs at pools..........Without a Village ID card...and you need one too...........I'm sure your parents will be thrilled........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh......I think we should have a TOTV vote. Don'tcha think that The Great Fumar should volunteer to watch Jilly's dog while she's at the pool?
Everyone can vote.......BUT not TGF!
(We all know how he absolutely LOVES those doggies!)
Old 04-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh......I think we should have a TOTV vote. Don'tcha think that The Great Fumar should volunteer to watch Jilly's dog while she's at the pool?
Everyone can vote.......BUT not TGF!
(We all know how he absolutely LOVES those doggies!)
Swimdawg! The last time someone said to The Great Fumar...

Great Fumar, Why do you have such large TEETH and he answered..........................

It was a poodle who posed the question and has not been seen since!!!

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-22-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Swimdawg! The last time someone said to The Great Fumar...

Great Fumar, What wonderful TEETH you have

and he answered..........................

It was a poodle who posed the question and has not been seen since!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh no! The end of the Swimdawg? And she used to be such a nice person....I mean nice dawg.....& Jilly, sounds best you leave your little precious doggie home and away from TGF!
Enjoy!

Last edited by swimdawg; 04-22-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hello Talk of the Villages!!! My first post here....

I am visiting my parents next week from NY. My parents moved to the Villages over 2 years ago. They are so happy there and I am so happy for them. I've decided to press my luck and bring my newly adopted rescue dog. She is a hairless Chinese Crested. She is just about the cutest and sweetest thing you will ever see. Although she is a little shy and sometimes skittish. She definitely suffers from separation anxiety, so I was hoping to bring her along for our daily excursions. I was wondering if I was "allowed" to bring her to any of the Villages pool? Obviously, she wouldn't go in, but can she hang out with us? I highly doubt this... as I am aware of all the rules at the pools... but my Mom did not know for sure. Thought you all could fill me in. My fingers and Phyllis' (my dog) paws are crossed for some poolside sunshine.

Anything I need to know as a guest and bringing a dog? I am flying Southwest and shockingly DON'T need proof of vaccinations. However, she is up-to-date. Any reason I would need them visiting the Villages?

Thanks for any info,

Jill
Jilly,

to TOTV. I hope you and Phyllis have an enjoyable visit with your parents. Travel safely.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.