Looking for GREAT vet for cats

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2017, 07:32 AM
Default Looking for GREAT vet for cats

We are looking for great vet for our cat...she is in good health..12 yrs old..we've been to Buffalo Ridge and not happy..looking for a seasoned vet with good experience, one that may have a little more experience with cats. Prefer locally. Thank you.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 AM
Platinum member

Dr. Porter, Animal Care Center of Wildwood. 748-6348 He is a seasoned vet with a lot of common sense. His office isn't fancy--it's next to the Amish Furniture Store in Wildwood but he is very caring and reasonable. I would guess that he has an interest in cats as he has two office cats who frequently come out and greet you.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Gold member

Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:17 PM

Sorry been to Mulberry with my 2 litter mate cats about 7-9 years ago...and the head doctor there almost killed one of my cats by the wrong dx.. my cat had 'allergies'......and she seemed to focus on how high she wore her 'high heels' and dressed to the '9's'..than to order an allergy profile. Thank you anyway for your response.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:49 PM

Another vote for Dr. Porter.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Dr. Porter, Animal Care Center of Wildwood. 748-6348 He is a seasoned vet with a lot of common sense. His office isn't fancy--it's next to the Amish Furniture Store in Wildwood but he is very caring and reasonable. I would guess that he has an interest in cats as he has two office cats who frequently come out and greet you.
After a misdiagnosis from a popular TV Vet, Dr. Porter operated on my 16 year-old cat.
He sure does have an interest in cats.
I recommend Dr. Porter highly. We use him regularly for our two dogs.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Park Heights, Dr Valdez in Fruitland Park
Old 08-19-2017, 08:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I will address this question to Dr Porter's staff, but thought I would ask here. What do you do about after hour emergencies? The main reason we went with buffalo ridge was their after hours clinic. Just like kids, pets seem to pull their shenanigans on weekends.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I will address this question to Dr Porter's staff, but thought I would ask here. What do you do about after hour emergencies? The main reason we went with buffalo ridge was their after hours clinic. Just like kids, pets seem to pull their shenanigans on weekends.
The after-hours clinic at Buffalo Ridge is an Emergency Clinic. It is open to everyone, not just Buffalo Ridge clients.
There is another Emergency Clinic in Leesburg, which might be closer for those who live south of 466A.

Last edited by Barefoot; 08-19-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:57 AM

Dr. Porter is the best!
Old 08-19-2017, 12:33 PM
Platinum member

I originally used Buffalo Ridge because of the after hours clinic. After SEVERAL problems with Buffalo Ridge and a particularly bad experience at their ER Clinic I will never step foot in there again. If I need after hour care now, I go to Leesburg. I believe a lot of my problems were due to newly graduated vets who did not have enough clinical experience yet to diagnose well and I believe their compensation is tied to the amount of what they bill. Dr. Porter has years of experience and has seen a lot. He really cares about the animal and does not do unnecessary things.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:46 AM

I have been in touch with Dr. Porter's office via email and will make an appt.

I have found Buffalo Ridge does have........ not only 'turnover' with their vets but not many of them have the education/experience that some of the other vets do..like one person mentioned here. When I was told thath 'there is nothing else to do' for my cat...that isn't a good thing to say to a client. You need to then 'think outside the box'.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I concur, Dr. Porter is a great vet and the pricing is excellent compared to the vets in the bubble.
Closed Thread

Tags
vet, good, experience, cats, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.