What Kind Of Pet Do You Have?

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

TWO PETS are allowed, I am told.

We have two cats. Harry is in charge of the lanai and keeping an eye on birds and geckos that may morph into dinosaur sized creatures and could attack us.

Hershey is in charge of supply management and keeps a constant eye on the refrigerator and the pantry and the clock and reminds us when it is time to prepare a meal...for HIM.

Mikey is my personal assistant and at this time is asleep on a towel next to my computer. Mikey monitors my shower, my cooking, my telephone conversations, my reading materials, reads all computer correspondence and accompanies me to the bathroom.

All both of them have to be ushered into their private room with the laundry machines when we have guests because they interrupt and pest on people until they are given copious attention.

Helene, Sweetie and I are their staff and we are doing the best that we can and every once in awhile we are pretty sure they are pleased.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:58 AM

We have what Hubby calls "used dogs". Adult Yorkie rescues. We are too old to do puppies, but when we need to get a dog, we have been fortunate to find adult Yorkies who need homes.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGranny View Post
We have what Hubby calls "used dogs". Adult Yorkie rescues. We are too old to do puppies, but when we need to get a dog, we have been fortunate to find adult Yorkies who need homes.
I'm with you, DG. I think my next one will have to be an older dog. Hopefully another golden, as they are my favorite. I know a couple, 70 & 72, who are going through the golden puppy stage after losing their fifth golden too early.
Just watching the videos of them cope with this puppy is wearing me out!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Gold member

Might as well add my animals from younger years, too....many cats, ponies, horses, skunk. Family had a groundhog when I was little.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Pets

Two Polish Lowland Sheepdogs named Zeta and Zuni.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Two Polish Lowland Sheepdogs named Zeta and Zuni.
Do you have any more pictures of your dogs? Looks like an interesting breed.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Geee Oh ! Labrador
Old 09-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapstorage View Post
I have 20 Chihuahuas.
You win!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
TWO PETS are allowed, I am told.

We have two cats. Harry is in charge of the lanai and keeping an eye on birds and geckos that may morph into dinosaur sized creatures and could attack us.

Hershey is in charge of supply management and keeps a constant eye on the refrigerator and the pantry and the clock and reminds us when it is time to prepare a meal...for HIM.

Mikey is my personal assistant and at this time is asleep on a towel next to my computer. Mikey monitors my shower, my cooking, my telephone conversations, my reading materials, reads all computer correspondence and accompanies me to the bathroom.

All both of them have to be ushered into their private room with the laundry machines when we have guests because they interrupt and pest on people until they are given copious attention.

Helene, Sweetie and I are their staff and we are doing the best that we can and every once in awhile we are pretty sure they are pleased.
Your description of your two cats made me smile!! They remind me of my two cats. In my case--

Torie is the "purr"fect cat and is 9 years old. She is a beautiful black and white cat. You can do anything to Torie and she doesn't care -- just so she is with you! She is my personal assistant. She is by my side when I'm on the computer, on top of the paper when I'm trying to read it and on my lap when I sit down! She patiently sits and waits for her meals.

Kaylee just turned 3 and our petsitter calls her a "tornado on 4 legs"! She is tortoiseshell on her back and has a calico belly! So Cute! She is into everything and tries to eat her cat food as it comes out of the can! The funny thing is my Mom didn't want a 2nd cat and Kaylee is her baby!!

I adopted Torie when she was 4 months old and my late father was in a nursing home. She went to the nursing home almost every day. The attendants grabbed her as we came in the door and took her to several patient's rooms and then finally to Dad's room. She loves to be on the kitchen counters and I blame that on the fact that we weren't home a lot in those days! I have tried everything to break this habit but nothing has worked!

I was raised on a farm and we had lots of farm animals. We had barn cats but you couldn't touch them! We also had dogs. In fact, my Dad raised Boston Terriers and they put me through college! We also had a cocker spaniel that was the best outfielder! What can I say, I was raised in the country and we there wasn't enough neighborhood kids to make up a team! But, we had a ball!

I switched to cats when I moved to the DC area. I worked too many hours to have a dog. Torie and Kaylee are my 3rd and 4th cats that are tuly a member of our household.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
Your description of your two cats made me smile!! They remind me of my two cats. In my case--

Torie is the "purr"fect cat and is 9 years old. She is a beautiful black and white cat. You can do anything to Torie and she doesn't care -- just so she is with you! She is my personal assistant. She is by my side when I'm on the computer, on top of the paper when I'm trying to read it and on my lap when I sit down! She patiently sits and waits for her meals.

Kaylee just turned 3 and our petsitter calls her a "tornado on 4 legs"! She is tortoiseshell on her back and has a calico belly! So Cute! She is into everything and tries to eat her cat food as it comes out of the can! The funny thing is my Mom didn't want a 2nd cat and Kaylee is her baby!!

I adopted Torie when she was 4 months old and my late father was in a nursing home. She went to the nursing home almost every day. The attendants grabbed her as we came in the door and took her to several patient's rooms and then finally to Dad's room. She loves to be on the kitchen counters and I blame that on the fact that we weren't home a lot in those days! I have tried everything to break this habit but nothing has worked!

I was raised on a farm and we had lots of farm animals. We had barn cats but you couldn't touch them! We also had dogs. In fact, my Dad raised Boston Terriers and they put me through college! We also had a cocker spaniel that was the best outfielder! What can I say, I was raised in the country and we there wasn't enough neighborhood kids to make up a team! But, we had a ball!

I switched to cats when I moved to the DC area. I worked too many hours to have a dog. Torie and Kaylee are my 3rd and 4th cats that are tuly a member of our household.
That is a lovely, lovely story, Sable. You should write a memoir.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickdeMasi View Post
What a cutie!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmsr View Post
we actually do not have a pet, however, our 9 year old maltese has two adorable human pets that are very well trained and completely housebroken.
lol!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Charlie McGee is a Maltese!
Beautiful! Love the name
Old 09-16-2014, 09:13 PM

We have an exceptionally well behaved and clean dalmation dog.

................He's made of porcelain and sits near our front door window to scare any intruders.

We're quite happy with him and haven't taken him out in his stroller for awhile due to the summer heat.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Sage

I never had a pet as a child . So when I bought my own house in the 1990's I decided it was time to be adopted by a cat. Magic (1997 - 2013) was my first cat, and he was a joy. Molly, the cat on my avatar, adopted me in June of last year a couple of months after Magic went to the Rainbow Bridge. She is a shy, loving, eating machine who hasn't met a cat treat that she doesn't like .

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.