What Vet should I use

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2023, 04:40 AM
Default What Vet should I use

Hello you all. About to move to Santa Domingo area in October.
Please indulge me because I know it has been discussed before, but, what vet should I use for my schnoodle when I get there. Close by and know what they are doing. While we are at it where are the closest Pet ER's. Thank you for your responses.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

We use Dr. Porter Wildwood animal clinic(?) on route 301 at the shopping center with ACE hardware, very pleased with his care for our cats, but I see dogs in the more often than cats.
I will leave it to others for emergency care as fortunately we have not had to use this type of service.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Dr Leah Girard..Oxford Animal Hospital on 301, just north of 466, behind Geos.

She originally was our vet at Colony. She left and started her own practise. She is wonderful. Started her practice and lots of her patients went there.
Old 07-13-2023, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
We use Dr. Porter Wildwood animal clinic(?) on route 301 at the shopping center with ACE hardware, very pleased with his care for our cats, but I see dogs in the more often than cats.
I will leave it to others for emergency care as fortunately we have not had to use this type of service.
Dr. Porter is our pug's vet, too. We love him & the staff is very kind & helpful.

Last edited by PugMom; 07-13-2023 at 03:48 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-14-2023, 03:47 PM

We use the Animal Clinic of Leesburg and have had great results. They are busy so calling for an appointment.

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 07-15-2023, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Another fan of Dr Porter. Took care of our Maine Coon after going to a few other vets in the area. After spending $$$ to keep weight on and changing vets, he said that cats can't ingest B12 orally, and started him on B12 shots monthly. He started eating again, and put back all his weight. He also discovered later on that he developed diabetes, but said that giving him insulin for a while would control the diabetes, and could potentially make it go away, and it did. Another great thing about him are his reasonable prices in comparison to the other large practice in the area.

Tags
vet, close, closest, pet, ers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.