where can we walk our dog?seems that dogs are not

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Default where can we walk our dog?seems that dogs are not

Now seems like dogs are not allowed to walk in areas around neighborhood pools. 90percent + owners clean up. Should golfers who don't repair divots or pitch marks be barred from golfing. Let's have some common sense. Developer better put up "no dogs allowed' signs.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:29 PM

Should golfer who don't repair divots or pitch marks - or rake sand traps - be barred from the course -- ABSOLUTELY!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david4 View Post
Now seems like dogs are not allowed to walk in areas around neighborhood pools. 90percent + owners clean up. Should golfers who don't repair divots or pitch marks be barred from golfing. Let's have some common sense. Developer better put up "no dogs allowed' signs.
I was here last summer, and didn't notice any odors by our postal station or pool...except from the pond behind it! (Of course, I don't live in the area that was being spoken of previously, so I can't dispute that.) I have no issue with dogs in that area, and actually love to visit with them. I DO think a lot of non-owners are being unreasonable there, and most dog owners DO clean up. Peoples pets are a fact of life, and they have to take them somewhere to relax and play, as long as the owners are being responsible. I have NEVER tripped over a dog leash, something complained about earlier also. My only issue with the dogs is owners that LET them come up on to MY lawn to do their business. It is MY lawn and I have a right to have an opinion about dog waste, once you're up there. I don't buy owners that say they can't stop them. YOU are holding the leash...STOP THEM. We just need to all be respectful of each other, and this should be a dead issue.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Default dogs

well put i agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
I was here last summer, and didn't notice any odors by our postal station or pool...except from the pond behind it! (Of course, I don't live in the area that was being spoken of previously, so I can't dispute that.) I have no issue with dogs in that area, and actually love to visit with them. I DO think a lot of non-owners are being unreasonable there, and most dog owners DO clean up. Peoples pets are a fact of life, and they have to take them somewhere to relax and play, as long as the owners are being responsible. I have NEVER tripped over a dog leash, something complained about earlier also. My only issue with the dogs is owners that LET them come up on to MY lawn to do their business. It is MY lawn and I have a right to have an opinion about dog waste, once you're up there. I don't buy owners that say they can't stop them. YOU are holding the leash...STOP THEM. We just need to all be respectful of each other, and this should be a dead issue.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Your statements in bold/yellow quoted above have been stated dozens of times by homeowners in other threads, and each and every time, a homeowner and even a dog lover who says that very same thing gets branded a "dog hater" and told "if you hate dogs, why did you move to a 'dog friendly' community?".

Purposely missing the point that private property is private property....

And people CAN keep their dogs off your yard, but they don't want to...apparently they fear the dog's self-esteem might be ruined. The dog rules the owner.

Most people do clean up and don't bother anyone. But there are always a few who spoil it for everyone else.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

I don't care if they DO clean up...when it's MY lawn I DON'T WANT THEM THERE. It only attracts other dogs, and the whole dilemma just perpetuates itself. You are right, I know, but I don't really care what "they" brand me. I know I am a kind, caring, respectful neighbor, and if they don't care to be the same, they can then "brand me" to be a people hater, because I will keep asking them to keep their dog off my lawn, and may have to resort to dumping my kitty litter on theirs...who knows? Nah, I wouldn't do that...it would be rude, but imagine if I did. I know...this is an old boring subject, but I just didn't have this in my old neighborhood. People walked their dogs in the street and picked up from there. I knew every dog, loved and petted them all, but NONE of them pooped on my lawn. There's some entitlement going on here that I just don't get. And quite frankly, when I was buying I never heard it advertised that this was a "dog friendly" community, like that was a big selling point. Maybe, I just overlooked that NOT imagining people wouldn't have their pets with them.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Platinum member

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Veteran member

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

AGREED!! Love my kitties, and would LOVE to have a puplet...and a quinea pig...and a duck...and a platypus...and a horse...and a ZOO!!! haha....
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Could not agree with you more.....

I've had to resort to very small but very obvious signs that say "Please no pets" (and yes, I know, signs are not allowed BUT which is worse, our yard with brown spots, because our dog has to answer every pee left in our yard)...I'm always amazed when I see neighbors with their dogs, going to another neighbors yard repeatedly that does not have a dog...Why, they don't let their dogs pee in their own yard, I will never know, I guess it is an act of intitlement or just disrespect....and Yes, this subject has been posted many many times but neighbors with dogs STILL don't get the message! It's frustrating! I'm probably also know as the "ole bitty" with the signs and ocassionally I will find a neighbor half-way up our yard that obviously cannot read and has to be reminded!....BUT I'm really a nice gal EXCEPT when it comes to this!

Quote:
I don't care if they DO clean up...when it's MY lawn I DON'T WANT THEM THERE. It only attracts other dogs, and the whole dilemma just perpetuates itself. You are right, I know, but I don't really care what "they" brand me. I know I am a kind, caring, respectful neighbor, and if they don't care to be the same, they can then "brand me" to be a people hater, because I will keep asking them to keep their dog off my lawn, and may have to resort to dumping my kitty litter on theirs...who knows? Nah, I wouldn't do that...it would be rude, but imagine if I did. I know...this is an old boring subject, but I just didn't have this in my old neighborhood. People walked their dogs in the street and picked up from there. I knew every dog, loved and petted them all, but NONE of them pooped on my lawn. There's some entitlement going on here that I just don't get. And quite frankly, when I was buying I never heard it advertised that this was a "dog friendly" community, like that was a big selling point. Maybe, I just overlooked that NOT imagining people wouldn't have their pets with them.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't care if they DO clean up...when it's MY lawn I DON'T WANT THEM THERE. It only attracts other dogs, and the whole dilemma just perpetuates itself. .
Did you ever consider that what attracts the dogs to the lawns is the smell from the irrigation water..which is not at all different than what the dog is doing..so if you are concerned about waste on your lawn, you would be smart to turn off your sprinklers.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Imho

the dog responds to it's owner very well, when told NO!....Really, dogs are very smart, it's the owner that needs a few lessons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Did you ever consider that what attracts the dogs to the lawns is the smell from the irrigation water..which is not at all different than what the dog is doing..so if you are concerned about waste on your lawn, you would be smart to turn off your sprinklers.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

I have two dogs and they use my backyard PERIOD. They should never go on someone else's lawn.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
the dog responds to it's owner very well, when told NO!....Really, dogs are very smart, it's the owner that needs a few lessons!
I think it is time to start a thread on why people don't complain about watering their lawn with their neighbors poop. Such a tizzy everyone gets in over this dog poop thing. Really makes me laugh.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
I think it is time to start a thread on why people don't complain about watering their lawn with their neighbors poop. Such a tizzy everyone gets in over this dog poop thing. Really makes me laugh.
From the District website. You are not watering your lawn with your neighbors poop.

North of CR 466, homes are irrigated with potable water.
South of CR 466, homes are irrigated with non-potable water which is comprised of storm water runoff that is collected in water retention areas and groundwater from the lower Floridan aquifer when storm water supplies are not available.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
No, I didn't...and I don't...and I won't. The lawn needs water, it doesn't need dog pee, and the owner should be smart enough to keep the dog on a shorter leash.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.