where can we walk our dog?seems that dogs are not

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Okay, so unless your neighbor is pooping in the yard I guess that isn't an issue, but what about all the critters, wildlife and birds that are pooping in the water retention areas??? Just think this is much to do about nothing!
No point in the doggie discussion. Just wanted to make it clear that the irrigation water is not reclaimed from household waste water. The water is still treated, just not to the same level as potable water, but only slightly less.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Did you ever consider that what attracts the dogs to the lawns is the smell from the irrigation water..which is not at all different than what the dog is doing..so if you are concerned about waste on your lawn, you would be smart to turn off your sprinklers.
I think you should turn ON your sprinkler system. Get the offender wet. They won't be back. LOL
Old 02-15-2014, 12:15 PM

Keep them off of private lawns, period. Do it for the sake of the animal if not for respecting property owner's rights. You never know what may have been put on a private lawn that could be injurious or even fatal to the dog. Could happen either intentionally or by ignorance. The issue is so important that some homeowners could resort to that. Why make your dog suffer / die because you are inconsiderate? If you love them so much, keep them off other's private property, plain and simple.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerbaby View Post
I do not have any pets at this time but I really dont understand why people have to walk their dogs on other peoples property. If you have a dog let him relieve him/herself on your own propertyI would never walk a dog on someone elses property. There is a man at the mailing station in duval that walks his dogs right up to the mailboxes and he gets his mail on top and 3x now we have seen his 1 dog lift his leg and urinate all over the bottom mailboxes. This is disgusting and makes me very happy that my mailbox is on top. I made a comment to him and he pretended he did not hear me. Also we have seen the bags full of waste in the trash by the mailboxes. I do not have to tell you what that smells like in august. Unfortunately the slobs ruin it for the people that do it right.
I believe this type of dog owner is more prevalent than any of you will admit. The idea that someone would allow their dog's excrement to go all over mailboxes that we touch is beyond my comprehension. It is possible dog owners are going to lose more and more "privileges" due to their abuse of every day considerations? PRIVATE PROPERTY IS PRIVATE PROPERTY! I just don't know or understand why dog owners don't get it. KEEP YOUR DOG IN YOUR OWN YARD! PERIOD! Then there would be no need for more poop threads.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
What laws are they breaking by "pouring their smoke out for everyone to enjoy"?
Their polluting the air that you and I have to breath. Of course they say breathing second hand smoke causes cancer if anyone cares about their health.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

To poop or not to poop. I find these poop threads endlessly entertaining.

(Don't flame me, I am aware that sometimes I have no life.)
Old 02-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
I believe this type of dog owner is more prevalent than any of you will admit. The idea that someone would allow their dog's excrement to go all over mailboxes that we touch is beyond my comprehension. It is possible dog owners are going to lose more and more "privileges" due to their abuse of every day considerations? PRIVATE PROPERTY IS PRIVATE PROPERTY! I just don't know or understand why dog owners don't get it. KEEP YOUR DOG IN YOUR OWN YARD! PERIOD! Then there would be no need for more poop threads.
sounds so easy and reasonable, doesn't it??
Old 02-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
Their polluting the air that you and I have to breath. Of course they say breathing second hand smoke causes cancer if anyone cares about their health.
I am not aware of any law that defines exhaled tobacco smoke as a pollutant which would make same against the law. Please cite the law to which your post refers - would like to carry a copy around with me. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
People have far too much time on their hands and are just looking for things to aggravate themselves and complain about. Maybe they should spend their time doing something nice for others or helping those less fortunate or working to make the world a better place rather than sit around posting their complaints on a forum which isn't going to make a hoot of difference. It is a ridiculous pastime.
I guess that complaining endlessly about dogs is a pleasurable pastime for some. Unfortunately there will always be a few rotten apples in the dog-owners' barrel. I doubt the rotten apples read TOTV or care a hoot about people in general.

Unfortunately the 99% of dog owners who are responsible and respectful residents, get lumped in with the bad apples. Sadly, some good people (who always pick up after their dogs) end up being afraid to even take their dogs for a pleasant walk.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I agree Jersey.....
Old 02-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
This cracks me up. This type of comment is why these threads are worth a good laugh. Does anyone really believe that dogs pee on the mail boxes.....good grief. Show me a picture. I think some folks need to get out and get a little fresh air......Oh no wait...they can't...the air is polluted from all the smoke Try to smile all you unhappy people...its really not worth all this stress that you are creating for yourselves.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't believe that is an accurate statement. There are thousands of dogs in The Villages and if what you expect the case to be were true this place would be a pig sty (sp?).
Old 02-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

I know there must be a good reason but why do people who own dogs walk their dogs everywhere but their back yard to poop or pea.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
I know there must be a good reason but why do people who own dogs walk their dogs everywhere but their back yard to poop or pea.
They don't "walk" in their backyard. There dog does their "business" in the backyard. When the dog has done his "business" in the backyard.......they take a walk around the neighborhood....maybe to a mail station....maybe to a park.....wherever they want.....it's their daily walk. Sometimes the dog decides that the "business" that was deposited earlier in his own yard just wasn't enough and lo and behold...he's gotta do it again. So.....the owner has a bag...picks it up...and takes it home. Nobody WANTED the pup to make another daily deposit.....nature just called. NOBODY was harmed in this transaction.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Dogs need exercise and have every right to be walked on the road or sidewalks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
This cracks me up. This type of comment is why these threads are worth a good laugh. Does anyone really believe that dogs pee on the mail boxes.....good grief. Show me a picture. I think some folks need to get out and get a little fresh air......Oh no wait...they can't...the air is polluted from all the smoke Try to smile all you unhappy people...its really not worth all this stress that you are creating for yourselves.
Gerryann, dog execrement is dog poop. This poster seems to believe that dog owners are backing their dogs up to the mail boxes so the dogs can poop on the mail boxes. Now that's a feat I'd like to see.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.