Will be moving soon and need dog advice

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Eternal Member

Check out VLS Listing 206892.This is a Ranch Home in Hemingway with a White Vinyl Fence enclosing the entire back yard

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Dancing Thyme

Yep, Schotzyb, as I remember it, that was the case. We had a whole thread on these houses a while ago. If I had time, I'd look for it. They look nice, friend of ours looked at one and liked it.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Why do some homes in the nash loop in Hemingway have completely fenced in yards when it isnt allowed anywhere else?
Nonie,

They were built this way by TV. The fences would not be as escape proof as the CYV walls, however.

Kate
Old 10-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Nonie,

They were built this way by TV. The fences would not be as escape proof as the CYV walls, however.

Kate
To me, if you look at the pictures of the Ranch home in Hemingway, the fence looks pretty durable. Might not contain a Great Dane but I think it would be sufficient for most breeds

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Sage

Scotzyb,

I agree, they certainly would be more then escape proof for my two passive calm dogs. Im a tree nut tho, and these homes look pretty baren in the landscaping department.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Gold member

We looked at several of the fenced ranch houses in Hemingway in July 2008. I think that some people just don't care for the vinyl fencing. I guess it's just a matter of the materials - I have heard people say that the vinyl is "cheap" looking. I don't have an opinion either way, except that I know I prefer the courtyard villa. I have a wooden fence around my home in Central NY that needs to be painted in the Spring, so right now I'm wishing that I had a "no maintenance" vinyl fence.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:07 PM

What about those invisible fences that run underground and activate a dog collar to keep the dog away from the fence. Would they be allowed or is there some restriction? Also where is the dog park located?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge538 View Post
No Fences!
As BG represents the M family rules and postures here, it would be appropriate to follow his direction or else personally consult with BG.
Hey Midge,
Not sure where you are coming from but: I do not represent anyone, no fences are in your covenents that you signed. No consultation is required with anyone....dem is the rules!
Where is Fumar when I need him?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Hey Bogie,

I stuck up for you - without Fumar's flair (and with your name misspelled), but hey, we ain't perfect!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Hey Bogie,

I stuck up for you - without Fumar's flair (and with your name misspelled), but hey, we ain't perfect!
Thank you.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIpswich View Post
What about those invisible fences that run underground and activate a dog collar to keep the dog away from the fence. Would they be allowed or is there some restriction? Also where is the dog park located?
Haven't heard of anybody doing this, but it should work if the dogs can be reliably trained for it.

The dog park is in the old section, just across the 441 cart bridge. There is a new park proposed in the NorthWest section of The Villages.

You can always find a place for well behaved dogs to run in undeveloped areas on the Southern edge of The Villages.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:36 PM

We are also planning a move to the Villages with two small dogs and our choice of house will be a courtyard villa. We now have a yard with a white vinyl privacy fence and the dogs are accustomed to chasing each other freely in the back yard. Since we are both handicapped in walking, taking two dogs for a walk is out of the question. I have seen pre-owned courtyard villas with grassy areas in back and along the side of the house. There are some pre-owned CYV's listed with some local realtors. They are not all listed in the Villages listings. Good Luck on selling your house and your move to TV.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIpswich View Post
I personally think that the shock collars that are part of the invisible fence system are inhumane. My friends have a lab retriever that was trained with an invisible fence.

Now when the microwave beeps, the dog whimpers and jumps in your lap because it is so terrified that it will be shocked.

Just one opinion.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Default Dogs and fences

Can invisible fences be calibrated, so that the electric zap is less in the case of small dogs?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.