Looking for good dog boarding facility

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Default Looking for good dog boarding facility

I have two dogs and I'm looking for a nice boarding facility. Preferably a place that has a "doggie suite" and a camera so we can keep an eye on our "kids". We want to keep them together in the suite that preferably has a doggie door for outside access. These type of facilities were pretty common where we moved from but I haven't seen anything around here that fits that criteria. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingthedream View Post
I have two dogs and I'm looking for a nice boarding facility. Preferably a place that has a "doggie suite" and a camera so we can keep an eye on our "kids". We want to keep them together in the suite that preferably has a doggie door for outside access. These type of facilities were pretty common where we moved from but I haven't seen anything around here that fits that criteria. Anyone have any recommendations?
I just took a tour of the Pet Lodge & Spa next to the Home depot in Leesburg (on Rt 441) and based on what I saw, I will be using them the next time that I need to put my Sheltie in the kennel.

The facility keeps the dogs together from 6AM until 10PM every day with the exception of feeding time. They take them out 7 - 8 times per day. There are camera's (that allow you to keep a look after your pet) in all the communal areas and they keep them together by size.

My dog has never been in a kennel but I would not hesitate to leave him with the staff at the Pet Lodge & spa.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattybgood View Post
I just took a tour of the Pet Lodge & Spa next to the Home depot in Leesburg (on Rt 441) and based on what I saw, I will be using them the next time that I need to put my Sheltie in the kennel.

The facility keeps the dogs together from 6AM until 10PM every day with the exception of feeding time. They take them out 7 - 8 times per day. There are camera's (that allow you to keep a look after your pet) in all the communal areas and they keep them together by size.

My dog has never been in a kennel but I would not hesitate to leave him with the staff at the Pet Lodge & spa.
I can second this. We take our dog there for grooming and for daycare when we are going to be gone all day. They have play areas with half walls that are solid so the dogs can't see into the other areas and start raising a ruckus back and forth. They have calm music playing all day, and they are very aware of what is going on with the dogs, which I can't say for another daycare place we've used, which if you pm me I will tell you.

We haven't left Crosby there overnight, but we have left our Cockatiel there for two weeks. They took excellent care of him. He came home totally happy and nattering away like nothing changed in his life. I really like this place.

There's another place out by the Ocala National forest. It's a lady in a private home, and we have checked her out and left our dog there overnight. Excellent care. Doggy door, fenced acres, dogs only crated at feeding times; otherwise free. Loved the place and her care of the dogs, but her country-type yard didn't agree with our dog's skin allergies. I will try to dig out the name if you like. But it is about 45 minutes from TV.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 PM

I highly recommend Bedtime Tails in Summerfield. My boy "Ben" loved Cathy and her staff. Check out her ad on this site. Go out for a visit. Your dog will love it.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Veteran member

I also highly recommend Bedtime Tails, but I don't believe she has the cameras.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Sage

Pet Lodge & Spa next to the Home depot in Leesburg (on Rt 441)

Great place & people that care.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I also recommend Bedtime Tails. Fantastic facility and my Abby loves it there.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:34 PM

Thanks for all the recommendations. I will definitely check them out!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Gold member

Someone posted regarding a place called Eden Pet Center. I don't know anything about them personally, but when I did a Google search I found 2 positive and 2 negative reviews of this place. It wouldn't hurt to Google any facility you might be interested in using.

By the way, I have personally used Preppy Pets in Leesburg and ABCD Pet Resort in Summerfield. It has been several years ago, but was pleased at that time with both.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.