Yorkie needs good home and great caregiver(s)

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 AM
Default Yorkie needs good home and great caregiver(s)

We have a wonderful, affectionate and loving 8 year old yorkie in good health. He has an AKC pedigree, is trained to go on pad or outdoors. My wife has medical issues that will be taking us out of town for possibly weeks or months and then depending on her prognosis, some extensive traveling. So we are looking for someone to care for him on a long term basis. If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you we would like to hear from you. We have three weeks before we will be leaving and were praying there is someone out there that could help us with this situation. Please PM us back if you have any interest. Thanks you for your consideration. DGX2
Old 03-27-2014, 05:32 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Wish I could help....

aaaawwwww wish I lived there...would love to take care of your dog.

Best wishes to you and your wife....hope her health issues become more manageable.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:59 AM
Sage

My heart aches for anyone in this situation.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:57 AM
Default Yorkie

Thank you both for your kind replies.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

I'm wracking my brain, and will check with a few neighbors later on today. I have 2 cats, both probably bigger than your Yorkie, so I'm out! Last thing you need when dealing with a health issue is worrying about your baby. Good Luck, I'll get back to you if I find anyone.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:48 PM

I may have misstated my original question. If we could find the right person(s) we would reluctantly give him up. We would have to be assured that who ever took him understood the personalities yorkies have in particular ours.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:07 PM

Best of luck to you both
Old 03-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

To be clear, because of the circumstances mentioned in your note you are surrendering your Yorkie. If you do not find anyone please consider contacting a rescue organization who will make sure that the Yorkie's new people are caring and capable of supporting him since he will go through a difficult time at first. Here is a reputable one.
United Yorkie Rescue - A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Yorkshire Terrier Rescue Organization
Old 03-28-2014, 09:39 PM

I am so sorry you're in this position, but duffysmom makes a wonderful suggestion. That particular yorkie rescue organization is wonderful. If they accept your dog, and I can't imagine why they wouldn't, especially if he is healthy, he will end up in a good home.

Less than three weeks ago, I helped my 15+ year old yorkie on his journey to the rainbow bridge. My heart was beyond broken, and I found it unbearable coming into my house with no yorkie to greet me. While I had never looked at the yorkie rescue sites before, I found myself not only looking but filling out an application for a little girl that had been owner surrendered because she didn't get along with the owner's other dogs.

During much of my working career I had to maintain a secret security clearance. The process to be approved to adopt this rescue was close to being that thorough. She has now been with me for three days. While we're still adjusting to each other, I'm glad I found her and someone out there will be thrilled to have your boy.

PLEASE be careful advertising to give him to a good home. The stories of imposters posing as happy families to "adopt" a dog only to turn them into bait for dog fights are not unheard of.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy48 View Post
I am so sorry you're in this position, but duffysmom makes a wonderful suggestion. That particular yorkie rescue organization is wonderful. If they accept your dog, and I can't imagine why they wouldn't, especially if he is healthy, he will end up in a good home.

Less than three weeks ago, I helped my 15+ year old yorkie on his journey to the rainbow bridge. My heart was beyond broken, and I found it unbearable coming into my house with no yorkie to greet me. While I had never looked at the yorkie rescue sites before, I found myself not only looking but filling out an application for a little girl that had been owner surrendered because she didn't get along with the owner's other dogs.

During much of my working career I had to maintain a secret security clearance. The process to be approved to adopt this rescue was close to being that thorough. She has now been with me for three days. While we're still adjusting to each other, I'm glad I found her and someone out there will be thrilled to have your boy.

PLEASE be careful advertising to give him to a good home. The stories of imposters posing as happy families to "adopt" a dog only to turn them into bait for dog fights are not unheard of.
That's a great love story for you to have loved and lost and loving again.
thanks...
Old 03-29-2014, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGx2 View Post
We have a wonderful, affectionate and loving 8 year old yorkie in good health. He has an AKC pedigree, is trained to go on pad or outdoors. My wife has medical issues that will be taking us out of town for possibly weeks or months and then depending on her prognosis, some extensive traveling. So we are looking for someone to care for him on a long term basis. If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you we would like to hear from you. We have three weeks before we will be leaving and were praying there is someone out there that could help us with this situation. Please PM us back if you have any interest. Thanks you for your consideration. DGX2
I don't know if this is feasible where you are going or traveling to but your yorkie is definitely small enough to go on a plane and there are lots of pet friendly places to stay. It might be a comfort to your wife to have her 8 year companion along by her side. Just a thought.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy48 View Post

Jazzy please keep us posted, she is one lucky doggie.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Veteran member

There is a thread in the new members section and a lady has expressed interest in the Yorkie. She is a new poster and thought this thread was an old thread. Hopefully, she will find her way back here and take the dog.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:11 PM

We are previous owners of a yorkie in Michigan and were unable to bring her to TV, because we were renters for the last six months. We recently moved into a home and miss having her around. I know how they become part of the family and would like to make sure it was a good fit. Would you please let us know how to connect with you?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangolfs17 View Post
We are previous owners of a yorkie in Michigan and were unable to bring her to TV, because we were renters for the last six months. We recently moved into a home and miss having her around. I know how they become part of the family and would like to make sure it was a good fit. Would you please let us know how to connect with you?
Jan the original poster said for anyone interested in the Yorkie to private message him. Go to the first post and click on his name, then scroll down and you will see where it says send a private message, then click on that and tell him your interested and give him your contact information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.