MLS Realtor vs. Villages Sales

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2022, 06:17 AM
Default MLS Realtor vs. Villages Sales

We have a year long lease here that we’re about halfway through. Starting to look at buying and I’m confused. Knowing that once you contact a realtor you are at least ethically obligated to use that realtor exclusively, what happens if you find a home listed for sale by The Villages that you are interested in? I know that The Villages for sale home aren’t allowed to be shown by an outside realtor, and a Villages salesperson isn’t allowed to show a MLS listed home. How is that handled?
Old 04-06-2022, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

As a buyer, you are not ethically obligated to use an exclusive agent. Find a good Villages agent and ask them to recommend a good MLS agent or vice versa. Inform both agents that you are using two agents, and that both are free to show houses to you that they are legally allowed to sell. There is no conflict of interest or ethical issue. They should understand that arrangement. If not, find another agent.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

The two groups do not play well together.

You contact the appropriate realtor. You should have one of each to allow you to see the most possibilities
Old 04-06-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus510 View Post
We have a year long lease here that we’re about halfway through. Starting to look at buying and I’m confused. Knowing that once you contact a realtor you are at least ethically obligated to use that realtor exclusively, what happens if you find a home listed for sale by The Villages that you are interested in? I know that The Villages for sale home aren’t allowed to be shown by an outside realtor, and a Villages salesperson isn’t allowed to show a MLS listed home. How is that handled?
My first comment would be the once you contact a realtor you are obligated to use them. We always shopped around. For us, it's a big decision and important to find someone that knows you and you trust, if that is possible....

When I arrived to look for us, we had a Villages Realtor and and MLS Realtor working for us. It's really the only way to see everything available here.

That is at least what I found...
Old 04-06-2022, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

You can have both, I just bought a preowned in April (I’ve had 5 new homes here) , the mls and villages realtors worked very hard to find the perfect home for me, in fact I was called to look on a Sunday night at 9:30 , I’m not sure if you have to inform them but I did
Old 04-06-2022, 04:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
It is common for those searching for a home to use an agent from both MLS and VLS. Do not feel "ethically obligated". They all know that the house will determine which one gets the sale.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,903 Times in 915 Posts

You can use the search feature on here to find similar posts discussing same, but not sure what your confusion is to buy a house: you work with a TV sales rep for TV houses with the specs you want, floor plan style, location, price range, , and you look for non TV realtor resale houses yourself by visiting open houses and working with an MLS realtor. . .

I think you might be thinking you are limited to one realtor when in a bifurcated market, you need two.

good luck
Old 04-07-2022, 06:16 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
It is not a matter of ethics it is a matter of giving u options. I would not hesitate to go with 2 realtors

Tags
realtor, villages, home, listed, sale

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.