Computer on 2003 Club Car

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Default Computer on 2003 Club Car

I am asking for a friend who had a computer problem with his 2003 remanufactured golf cart. He had Spanos put in a new one. Just 2 years later Spanos says he has the same problem, needs a new computer. Is this unusual? I have never seen a post about computer problems and he has had two. It seems to me there must be something causing the computer to go so quickly. Any ideas would be welcomed. $400. is the cost of the new one, up $100. from 2 years ago, Also, he is only here 4 months of the year.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Candy McGee
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Eternal Member
Default Club Car OBC

The Club Car on board computer is responsible for a few tasks. One is to gauge the charger as to when the batteries are charged and then to shut the charger off. Another task is it Controls the feed to primary side of the Solenoid.
It is unusual for a OBC to only last Two years but it is the weakest link in the Club Car system and is very possible. IF you trust your service tech it could be bad again. We have replaced four since SEPT 1st, the most in years.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.