Exhaust smell

Exhaust smell

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Exhaust smell
Old 11-19-2019, 08:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Default Exhaust smell

Just bought a 2020 Yamaha gas cart. Drives and rides great. Took it for test drive before buying, all fine. When I picked it up it was cold. I dropped the curtains and took off. Strong exhaust (New burn off). After 50+ miles still bad. The salesman told me to setup an appointment for repair. Is this repairable?

I took the cart in yesterday as instructed by my salesman. They took the cart for 20 minutes. Added a foam strip around the bottom of the seat. Told me it was a golf cart, open the windshield window for ventilation and all will be fine. Such a shame.

Last edited by Bay Kid; 11-20-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:15 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I have not worked on any 2020 carts yet. I know on the 2017, 2018 and 2019 I have not heard of any smell problems. These carts are still under warranty so we don’t see a lot of the problems yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2019, 08:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Just bought a 2020 Yamaha gas cart. Drives and rides great. Took it for test drive before buying, all fine. When I picked it up it was cold. I dropped the curtains and took off. Strong exhaust (New burn off). After 50+ miles still bad. The salesman told me to setup an appointment for repair. Is this repairable?

I took the cart in yesterday as instructed by my salesman. They took the cart for 20 minutes. Added a foam strip around the bottom of the seat. Told me it was a golf cart, open the windshield window for ventilation and all will be fine. Such a shame.
Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2019, 08:34 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Try ethanol free gas if your not already using it. The cart muffler goes under the cart. There is no other way for the exhaust to go. Is any one else’s having this problem on a 2020 Yamaha please let us know.

Tags
exhaust, burn, 50+, strong, curtains