Leak from rear differential

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Default Leak from rear differential

Several months ago I had a new motor put on my 2007 Club Car Villager 4 seater. The old motor died...burned up brushes and armature. The armature was pretty much frozen onto the shaft and a lot of hammering and prying was done during its removal. Ten days after the repair I noticed oil on the floor under the differential. Since then, the cart has been worked on several times. I've been told the seal was replaced twice. Silicone was also applied to no avail. There is no noticeable vibration when the cart is moving, hence I dont expect the shaft has been bent. Any ideas why I am having so much trouble getting this fixed?? Any suggestions?

Last edited by n8xwb; 07-19-2014 at 03:12 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Eternal Member

Judging by the necessary pounding and pulling to remove the armature it's very possible that the aluminum housing that houses the input shaft is damaged allowing movement enough to cause a leak.
Could also have input shaft bearing damage causing flex enough to give short lifespan of seal.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.