Need attorney to help fight traffic ticket.

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2023, 02:55 PM
Default Need attorney to help fight traffic ticket.

I was stopped at a red light to do a U turn. After waiting awhile for the light to change, I saw that the oncoming three lanes were all empty, so I turned just before the arrow turned green. The cop cited me for failure to stop at a red light. I would like to fight this. I have a very good driving record.
Please offer recommendations! Thanks!
Old 02-06-2023, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Low cost, easy way to make it go away.

State of Florida.com | Florida Traffic School — Approved by the State of Florida | Auto Insurance Quote Video Transcript
Old 02-06-2023, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

You may not need an attorney. Go to court and plead your case. If the police officer doesn't show up, you have an excellent chance to win. An attorney will only help if he/she has a personal relationship with the court system, which some do.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:11 PM

From your own description it sounds like you are guilty. What will your defense be?
Old 02-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianne.newhouse@gmail.com View Post
I was stopped at a red light to do a U turn. After waiting awhile for the light to change, I saw that the oncoming three lanes were all empty, so I turned just before the arrow turned green. The cop cited me for failure to stop at a red light. I would like to fight this. I have a very good driving record.
I’d pay the ticket, you can’t make a U turn at a red light. Or do you have special privileges? My point being you need to admit you made a mistake and pay the piper.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Traffic Ticket Lawyer Florida And Speeding Attorneys | The Ticket Clinic

The Ticket Clinic Orlando Office is near you if you’ve been charged with any traffic offense. We fight speeding tickets, red light tickets and more. Contact us to get in touch with an experience traffic ticket attorney in Orlando.
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

You made a U-turn through a red light and now want someone to help argue that is wasn't the wrong thing to do???

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Quote:
Turning "just before the light turn green" is running a red light, take responsibility for your actions. You ran a red light!
Old 02-06-2023, 03:25 PM
Sage

In today's world, guilty doesn't mean guilty. The judge can dismiss the case, or reduce the charge. It happens very often.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,378 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Sometimes you read a post, and you just shake your head in amazement!
A ticket!
Guilty!
A very good driving record!
Lady! We all had good driving records until we got caught!
Old 02-06-2023, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Sometimes you read a post, and you just shake your head in amazement!
A ticket!
Guilty!
A very good driving record!
Lady! We all had good driving records until we got caught!
I agree, but this thread reminds me of all of the thugs who get arrested for violent felony crimes, and their charge is reduced to a misdemeanor, and they are released without serving any jail time. It doesn't hurt to go to court and ask the judge to dismiss the charge.
Old 02-06-2023, 04:02 PM
Sage

Like it or not, there are attorneys who can fix a ticket like this in a minute, for a fee. I don't know any in Florida, but I'm sure they are here. That is the way the system operates.

When I lived in Georgia, I once got a speeding ticket in South Carolina. An attorney friend referred me to another attorney in Charleston, SC, I sent him $150, and the ticket was gone without even going to court. For the record, I don't speed anymore.
Old 02-06-2023, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
So let's level set the scenario:
You were stopped at a red light.
You waited until everyone else was stopped.
You started driving while the light was red, and that's OK because everyone else is stopped for you?
And a cop saw you and gave you a ticket, and now your perfect record is broken?

You can certainly try to fight it, or you can use it as a learning experience that you got caught like the rest of us in a country where you are free to do anything you want, but you have to pay a price if you get caught breaking any of the laws in the country. its kind of like the teenagers who don't understand why the red lights are for them. .

my perfect record went out the window with the first car purchased about a month after I purchased it. . that and I have so many speeding tickets, my dad almost didn't put me on his car insurance after he went blind. . .

And interesting, since you said the police cited you for running a red light, he must have seen you do it. . . so that's really entitlement that you can't be found guilty with a perfect driving record or not getting caught prior. . The first time is always a shock

I was driving across the Whitestone Bridge in NYC, on a Sunday morning with no one around, doing about 70, and got pulled over. My first reaction was: "What the h3ll is going on? The is New York City!!! No one gets speeding tickets here"

Another time it was 2 in the morning driving back from NYC, and i was making really good time with no one on the road, probably doing 75 in a 55 back then and all of a sudden the inside of my car lit up with daylight! I never saw him. . i swear he had his lights off to catch up to me without me seeing him. .

I got more tickets / stories, paid all but one,

race car driver guy

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 02-06-2023 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-06-2023, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
If you fight it there's a good chance it will cost you more than the ticket. Suck it up and pay the fine.
Old 02-06-2023, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
If you fight it there's a good chance it will cost you more than the ticket. Suck it up and pay the fine.
The real cost is not the ticket. It is the increase in your insurance premium or a cancelled policy.
Closed Thread

Tags
light, fight, turned, red, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.