Need attorney to help fight traffic ticket.

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2023, 05:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

I've seen so many impatient people run red lights in various ways around here. I hope your getting caught makes you rethink your illegal impulses.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:05 AM

So, in your own words, you ran the red light before it turns green and you want to hire an attorney to fight that 😁 please come back here and let us know how that works for out for you
Old 02-07-2023, 06:21 AM

Here is the only acceptable defense if you live in The Villages……

Tell the Judge you were running late for a tee time. If he is a golfer, he’ll let you go.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:47 AM
Default Red means stop, Green means go, Yellow means go, but very slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianne.newhouse@gmail.com View Post
I was stopped at a red light to do a U turn. After waiting awhile for the light to change, I saw that the oncoming three lanes were all empty, so I turned just before the arrow turned green. The cop cited me for failure to stop at a red light. I would like to fight this. I have a very good driving record.
Please offer recommendations! Thanks!
I'm from Michigan, and our lights cycle much quicker than here in FL. I get very impatient and am tempted to do the same thing. The law is the law and it sounds like you went through a red light! Pay the ticket.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I was stopped at a red light to do a U turn. After waiting awhile for the light to change, I saw that the oncoming three lanes were all empty, so I turned just before the arrow turned green. The cop cited me for failure to stop at a red light. I would like to fight this. I have a very good driving record.
Just learn from your impatience and pay the ticket, you will remember to wait.....next time..
Old 02-07-2023, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
If you fight it there's a good chance it will cost you more than the ticket. Suck it up and pay the fine.
I was thinking the same thing. Bringing in an attorney to traffic court doesn’t sound necessary. And could be more expensive than the ticket itself! By the way, what you did sounds dangerous. It’s not an example of safe driving. You made a mistake, admit that and move on.

Last edited by Ele201; 02-07-2023 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Grammar fix
Old 02-07-2023, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Pay the ticket and accept responsibility for your poor judgement.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:08 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Surely the OP started this as a joke thread, simply to generate a little controversy? As the alternative of "there really are people who feel so entitled, that they should be able to buy their way out of an obvious law-breaking action" - is just sad. In regards to "I have a very good driving record," if this is actually true, I would observe that the driving record doesn't reflect reality and is based mostly on getting lucky in never having been caught pulling dumb stunts like this previously.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:15 AM
Default U Turn Ticket

You must be from NY.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Have a similar system here in UK for speeding tickets.
You attend an all day "Speed Awareness" course, or do it online for just under three hours.
You still pay the fine, but get no penalty points on license, therefore avoiding the inevitable Car Insurance increase.
We do not have to inform insurance company of the ticket either.
Get out of jail for £99!
One way to look at traffic citations is as a driving lesson, learn and move on. We all make mistakes.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:25 AM

Even if you knew it was coming, why not wait until the light turns green? I don't get it. My foot is off the gas pedal until I see the go light. And even then I look for potential red light runners the other way.

Here's one for thought. Way back after watching the Foreman-Holyfield fight at a friend's, I was driving home in the dark. At a familiar 4 way stop sign I did a California roll with no other car in sight. I slowed to almost a stop, looked, and continued. Police light comes on they pull me over and give me a ticket. They were hiding in the dark for a pigeon and found one. Unfair? Well yeah pretty much chicken sh-- to me. If I saw cars at the other stop signs I wait my turn. I was being safe, but technically I was still at fault.

Last edited by mikeycereal; 02-08-2023 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Pay the ticket and accept responsibility for your poor judgement.
We all make mistakes. Not wise to just pay the ticket because the insurance impact can be far more than just paying the fine.

If not eligible for traffic school, usually better to let an attorney plea it down to a non-moving violation.

You will probably still pay something like double the fine/court costs + attorney fees. But will likely save that amount the next few years avoiding insurance increases.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:32 AM

You just admitted in your description why you are guilty. You simply cannot go through a red light. Pay your ticket and move on like a good person would.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
If you fight it there's a good chance it will cost you more than the ticket. Suck it up and pay the fine.
Winner winner!! You're either gonna pay the ticket and not bog down the court system with a useless argument or you will pay an attorney. Doesn't seem like much of a choice.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Everyone is entitled to hire an attorney, guilty or innocent. There are attorneys who make their living defending clients against traffic tickets. Not all tickets are issued to promote safety. Sometimes, they are issued to raise funds. This can be proven by comparing the number of tickets issued by different jurisdictions. Not sure about today, but, in the past, South Carolina was notorious for issuing speeding tickets to out-of-state drivers. Theoretically, almost every driver on some Interstates could be issued a speeding ticket because they are exceeding the speed limit. Also, true for Rt 466A. Just saying.
Closed Thread

Tags
light, fight, turned, red, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.