Music to the Lanai

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2022, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,733 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

Never said anything about Xfinity sound..............not even sure what Xfinity sound is..........didn't know they had sound making units.

Said, Alexa sound is not great.............none of the Alexa units produce great sound.

I prefer quality sound, from a quality speaker.
As I understand it, you can use Alexa to access music from radio stations or other sources, but you can export the sound to any wired or wireless speaker. So, I don't think it is "Alexa sound". Alexa is just an app where you can use your voice to access music sources. I have Alexa on my Windows laptop, but any music that I ask Alexa to play will play through my laptop speakers or any other speakers that I choose to plug in to my laptop.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:17 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
As I understand it, you can use Alexa to access music from radio stations or other sources, but you can export the sound to any wired or wireless speaker. So, I don't think it is "Alexa sound". Alexa is just an app where you can use your voice to access music sources. I have Alexa on my Windows laptop, but any music that I ask Alexa to play will play through my laptop speakers or any other speakers that I choose to plug in to my laptop.

Alexa is just software.
That's why I said Alexa units.......Amazon/Alexa units do not produce great sound.
Dots, Echos, etc.

Hopefully you understand now.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,733 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Alexa is just software.
That's why I said Alexa units.......Amazon/Alexa units do not produce great sound.
Dots, Echos, etc.

Hopefully you understand now.
Good news. I now understand it. You are not a big fan of the speakers made by Amazon. But, they keep trying with bigger and better speakers. So, keep an open mind.
Old 10-20-2022, 04:54 PM
Default Spotify

We have a Spotify family subscription which we share with all our kids. $15.99 a month and 6 people can use it separately.
We have used Pandora, Amozon and Google music and Spotify is by far the best music streaming app on the market. They have every song I have ever searched for and the quality is awesome.
We also purchased a Sony SRS XB33 speaker. We have used the JBL version but they kept failing.
When we sit out in our Lanai we just bring our Bluetooth speaker out with us.
We also bring it in our golf cart and at the pool. It's also waterproof.
Closed Thread

Tags
lanai, music, feet, range, guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.