Car stereo Installation

Old 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Default Car stereo Installation

I’m looking for someone to install a car stereo in my car as well as a back up camera. I can buy the stereo and have an individual install it or I can go over the shop and purchase both Best Buy used to provide the service but I don’t think they do installations anymore. Any referrals would help
Old 03-09-2024, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter123 View Post
I’m looking for someone to install a car stereo in my car as well as a back up camera. I can buy the stereo and have an individual install it or I can go over the shop and purchase both Best Buy used to provide the service but I don’t think they do installations anymore. Any referrals would help
If this is a later model car I would not even try this, the wiring harness and adapter can be a nightmare, as well as the proper fit in the dash. If you are talking about doing this in an older car (like my 60's mustang) then this tends to be very doable. I would suggest you get professional installation from the dealer you are buying from. IMHO any car less than 20 to 25 years old you could spend hours just getting the dash panels out to install the radio (been there done that). Also, older panels tend to crack when you try to remove these. Then you have the possible problem of where and how the rear-view camera screen is going to be installed. I am doing a lot of guessing here because I have no idea what type of car you are talking about. In any case I would definitely get one specifically designed for your specific vehicle, then cross your fingers that it can actually be installed like the instructions say.
Old 03-09-2024, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If this is a later model car I would not even try this, the wiring harness and adapter can be a nightmare, as well as the proper fit in the dash. If you are talking about doing this in an older car (like my 60's mustang) then this tends to be very doable. I would suggest you get professional installation from the dealer you are buying from. IMHO any car less than 20 to 25 years old you could spend hours just getting the dash panels out to install the radio (been there done that). Also, older panels tend to crack when you try to remove these. Then you have the possible problem of where and how the rear-view camera screen is going to be installed. I am doing a lot of guessing here because I have no idea what type of car you are talking about. In any case I would definitely get one specifically designed for your specific vehicle, then cross your fingers that it can actually be installed like the instructions say.
Thanks
Appreciate your input
Now to find a professional
Old 03-10-2024, 07:41 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Crutchfield includes a total install kit with full instructions for installation with the purchase of their products. Great company.

Tags
car, stereo, install, buy, provide

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.