I'm looking to buy a new Car here in the Villages..... where to go?

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2020, 10:02 AM

Key Scales has superior service - and Fred Almonte for sales. I can also get you a "z plan pin" - no arguing on the price because it's set by Ford.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:05 AM

I'm selling a 2019 Buick Essence 4 dr SUV for a elderly sick couple who can't drive anymore. under 3,700 miles.$20,000. call me if you are interested. Dean 352-446-0355.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNonnon View Post
I totally agree. Bill Bryan dealership even has a waiting area w soda,coffee,hot dogs, pop corn,WiFi.....bring your dog lol
If we ever even drive by there, you can stop for a car wash.
They even baked cookies. We bought a Subaru and drove it home in a couple of hours. I have friends who drive over from Jacksonville, just to go to that dealership for service.
too funny. my daughter goes there for servicing, i went to see if the dogs were 'working' that day,
Old 08-07-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

depending on the type of car you'd like, a previous poster mentioned dealerships along the 441 line. since we've been here, i've used plaza lincoln, specifically a gal named Christie in the service dept. she's the best-won't try to sell packages you don't need, & is very upfront re: repairs, estimates & time spent repairing the car. she also impressed me with her intimate knowledge of what the actual issues might be when faced with a mechanical issue.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:47 AM

We bought a near new Toyota Venza from Phillips on 441 Fruitland Park. Excellent transaction in every way.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:53 AM

My suggestion is to go to the dealer of the make of vehicle that you want.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:13 PM

Just bought my third new car from Phillips Buick GMC; it was the second one from Matt Wilcox. Good guy.
I prefer GM products because of OnStar. In the past, I have also purchased 1 vehicle at Key Scales Ford, outstanding service department. A few years ago, we experienced a shady warrantee issue at Plaza Cadillac. The "new" car they sold us was not new after all. We caught them in a lie when the 36 month warranty was activated several months before the date of sale and therefore ran out before our 3 year anniversary mark. Apparently, the car had been used in several promotional events, which was not disclosed to us.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 08-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Default Car dealerships

I have had excellent luck with Key Scales Ford in Leesburg. Honest people, no pressure, great deals. Stay away from Village Ford down 441. They are crooks, dishonest, and try to take advantage of you. They should be shut down.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
I did my research on the cars I was interested in. I went to car dealers in Leesburg and Ocala. The salesmen I dealt with at all dealerships seemed to think I should pay sticker price or after consultation with their boss they could take off $150 or a few dollars more. I refused to get ripped off so I put buying a new car on the back burner since there was no rush. One day I went to Phillips Buick on 441 to look not buy. Phillips took thousands off sticker price and Offered such a FAIR price on my trade in ( which other dealers lowballed) I had no choice but to buy the car. Phillips has other brand car dealerships around the Villages. I would highly recommend Phillips based on my experience.
I second Phillips. I bought a Pacifica at Phillips Chrylser of Ocala. This is a relatively short drive from the villages. Bill Bryant in Leesberg would not deal at all but I did 95% of my negotiations via email and phone with the internet department and Marc (my salesperson) at Phillips of Ocala. It was a very easy transaction and when I finally went to the dealership we had one small hiccup which Marc immediately fixed and away we drove with the Pacifica at a great price.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:37 PM

Check out buying a car thru Costco! They handle many different brands of cars!
Old 08-07-2020, 06:00 PM

Just look around, you can buy something a few years old with almost no miles
Old 08-07-2020, 06:15 PM

I have gotten 4 cars from Phillips Toyota and they have been great to deal with. The service department is excellent.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
Have a 2020 Hyundai Pallsade and love it I purchased it at Hyundai of Central FL located in Clermont. No dealer fee and no add on to the manufacters sticker price. They show their discounts below sticker price on line and were the only dealer I found discounting the Pallsade. A new dealership with a large selection. I would purchase there again.
I'm glad to hear that you like the Palisades. I'm thinking about it myself. Central Florida Hyundai in Claremont is the best dealership I've ever dealt with before and after the sale. It's worth the ride.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:25 AM

USAA has an excellent car buying service. And, the same service will allow you to accurately value your used car trade in.

I recently purchased a new car, using my 2016 Honda as a trade. USAA saved me thousands off MSRP and I traded the Honda to the same dealer at the amount specified by USAA.

The downside? Since the deal is advertised to a number of dealerships, you might have to travel as far as Orlando. But, there is no hard sell, actually no "sell" at all.

You specify the options, the dealer bids on the sale, initial contact is done by email, then phone.

Easy-peasy.

Oh, and no additional nitrogen ($$$) in your tires, unless you insist
Old 08-08-2020, 05:34 AM

I subscribe to Real Car Tips (free). Car Buying News and Tips for Car Shoppers. It's a weekly newsletter on car prices, discounts, and the latest car buying strategies and tips. They also have links to car buying services. One thing I learned is that Florida has one of the highest dealer fees in the nation. They have a section that tells you how to get the best new car price. How to Get the Best Price on a New Car - Step by Step Instructions
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, local, car, buy, dealers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.