Arod vs Chaves

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Default Arod vs Chaves

Does Girardi have the balls to plays Chavez at third against right hander Gonzales tomorrow? With Phil Hughes pitching the day after, Wed. Game is a must win. Torre once put Arod in the eighth spot in lineup.. Girardi should not have him in lineup. Arid is a bum
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Sage

Good idea to put in Chavez for A-Fraud against a righty. I get a sick feeling in my stomach when he comes up in a big situation as he is definetly on the downside of his career. A walk is a victory IMHO. I would have to be dreaming to think he would hit a home run in a critical situation. It's a big controversy in New York where to bat A-Fraud in the lineup. I would like him to be dropped down to sixth of the seventh spot. I can only hope he makes me eat these words and starts hitting like he did in 2009.

With that being said, it becomes a moot point if Swisher and Texiera don't start hitting as they numbers are terrible for the playoffs. Granderson needs to get going too. It's the best two out of three so we need to start playing a lot better.

Lets go YANKEES!!!!!

BTW - Texiera not scoring on a single to center was a real disappointment to me and I like him. He's a good dude. Proves that he is running like he has a piano on his back due to the injury. Third base coach didn't have the confidence to send him home.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Good idea to put in Chavez for A-Fraud against a righty. I get a sick feeling in my stomach when he comes up in a big situation as he is definetly on the downside of his career. A walk is a victory IMHO. I would have to be dreaming to think he would hit a home run in a critical situation. It's a big controversy in New York where to bat A-Fraud in the lineup. I would like him to be dropped down to sixth of the seventh spot. I can only hope he makes me eat these words and starts hitting like he did in 2009.

With that being said, it becomes a moot point if Swisher and Texiera don't start hitting as they numbers are terrible for the playoffs. Granderson needs to get going too. It's the best two out of three so we need to start playing a lot better.

Lets go YANKEES!!!!!

BTW - Texiera not scoring on a single to center was a real disappointment to me and I like him. He's a good dude. Proves that he is running like he has a piano on his back due to the injury. Third base coach didn't have the confidence to send him home.
Can't disagree with you at all. A-Rod has proven through the years that he is NOT a clutch player. Oh, he will get that home run - when they are leading 10 - 0 or getting killed.

Love Swisher's hustle but damn - he needs to hit !

Whatever it takes - LETS GO YANKEES !!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

[QUOTE=Tom Hannon;565573]Does Girardi have the balls to plays Chavez at third against right hander Gonzales tomorrow? With Phil Hughes pitching the day after, Wed. Game is a must win. Torre once put Arod in the eighth spot in lineup.. Girardi should not have him in lineup. Arid is a bum[/QUO

Bat him last..........that should shake him

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

Lets go YANKEES!!!!!

TEx is hurting and he is doing the best he can. I would run for Tex in the late innings of a close game (Gardner) and then put Swish at 1B and Gardner in left...moving Ishiro to right. Yes, Granderson may be a home run threat but his average all year sucks. (Hello Dave Kingman, Adam Dunn) I'd rather he hit ten less HR's and hit forty points higher. I also noticed the Yankee hitters are taking lots of third strike calls. If its close swing the ****** bat.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Platinum member

[quote=Shirleevee;565724]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Does Girardi have the balls to plays Chavez at third against right hander Gonzales tomorrow? With Phil Hughes pitching the day after, Wed. Game is a must win. Torre once put Arod in the eighth spot in lineup.. Girardi should not have him in lineup. Arid is a bum[/QUO

Bat him last..........that should shake him
Chavez has a good AROID does not. Being Chavez is better with the glove and left handed at Yankk Stadium, the only answer is to play Chavez for this game. That will shake AROD up. But I know the politics of the game and the way todays managers and ownership handle todays players. I know AROD will be in lineup, but like Shirlee says, bat him ninth. WE must win todats game. Hughes pitches tomorrow and he scares me. Unless CC comes back a game earlier
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Sage

Raining in Nwe York at this moment. Probably will get the game in, I hope.
It seems like a rain cloud is following the Yankee games.

I agree we must win today because it's gets hairy with Hughes on the mound tomorrow. if he dioesn't pitch well, it's all hands on deck.

I think they will bring in Phelps if Hughes is shaky.

We need to start hittting to win!!!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Gold member

I know the Yanks are patient at the plate, but they have been taking a lot of the first 2 pitches for strikes.

Hard to "pick your pitch" when you are down 0-2 !
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
TEx is hurting and he is doing the best he can. I would run for Tex in the late innings of a close game (Gardner) and then put Swish at 1B and Gardner in left...moving Ishiro to right. Yes, Granderson may be a home run threat but his average all year sucks. (Hello Dave Kingman, Adam Dunn) I'd rather he hit ten less HR's and hit forty points higher. I also noticed the Yankee hitters are taking lots of third strike calls. If its close swing the ****** bat.
While I love Granderson, I agree with you 100%........as for the third strike calls, reminds me of watching theJets......I scream, "You throw the ball, then somebody catches the ball, then you run the ball"!!!!!

If AROD is in the line-up tonight, I hope he is batting 9th.!!!!!!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Sage
Default A-Rod Batting Third?

Article in New York Post.

Time for Girardi to drop A-Rod to sixth in Yankees lineup - NYPOST.com

I agree A-Fraud should bat sixth or seventh.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Article in New York Post.

Time for Girardi to drop A-Rod to sixth in Yankees lineup - NYPOST.com

I agree A-Fraud should bat sixth or seventh.
Better yet... not at all
Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Better yet... not at all
You got your wish.
Finally.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Sage

A-Fraud for Raul is so cool anytime!!!!!!!1

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.