Barry Bond HOF?

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Platinum member
Default Barry Bond HOF?

The baseball hall of fame ballot will be released in November. Final voting will be announced in January. Bonds will be appearing on the ballot for the first time, alongside Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Roger Clemens, who also were connected to performance-enhancing drugs during their careers.

Are these guys hall of famers?
Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I don't think so. Neither does Hank Aaron (and he's Bonds' godfather). I can remember when McGwire won rookie of the year. I didn't get it. He could hit but he couldn't field his way out of a paper bag. For some strange reason, I always that baseball required an ability to do both the offensive and defensive aspects of the game to be considered good enough to win an award. That showed me I was wrong.

I feel that using something to enhance your performance is cheating. Rather have a tar bat or a spitball thrower -- at least those can easily detected and, sadly, really are a part of the game. Of course, I know I'm going to be proven wrong on this, too. They will become hall of famers. Hopefully, it will be with an asterisk by their names.

Now, when will they have the decency to give Pete Rose his due? That is a man who has earned the right to be a hall of famer. Never once has he been accused of betting against his team nor has he been accused of throwing a game in any way, shape or form.

Bunch of self-righteous prigs. (Okay, I'm done. Honest I am.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Sage

The short answer is no -IMHO.

Barry Bonds started it all and spread throughout baseball. he would have been a HOF candidate even before he started cheating. The same with Roger Clemens.

Sosa and McGwire abilities were enchanced dramatically with PED's.

My vote is no. It sullies the names of players who got there honestly.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.