Baseball is my sport!!!

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Baseball is my sport!!!

Last night epitomizes why I am a baseball fan first and foremost. After nearly 60 years I can still see things I never saw before!!!

It's not what happened but how it happened ...the BB world changed 180 degrees between 10PM and midnight!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpop1 View Post
Last night epitomizes why I am a baseball fan first and foremost. After nearly 60 years I can still see things I never saw before!!!

It's not what happened but how it happened ...the BB world changed 180 degrees between 10PM and midnight!!
I too love the game. My Dad took me to my first game at Ebbets Field and he caught a foul ball hit by Pee Wee Reese that I still have. After the Dodgers moved, I became a lifelong Yankee fan and remember sitting in the right field bleachers and chasing down batting practice home runs hit by Mantle and Maris. I endured the Hoss Clark, Mike Kekich, Fritz Peterson years. I remember Chambliss hitting that homer to beat the Royals. I mourned the death of Thurman and was proud of Mickeys redemption at the end. I was at the Pine tar game. I got to sit in the dugout pregame and chat with Mattingly and Tony Kubeck. But I have never seen anything like last night. Truly an amazing baseball night when it seemed like the fates were in control.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Gold member

Go Tigers!!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:

Last night is the first time in baseball history that four teams were fighting to get to the World Series. In addition, four teams were fighting for the number two seed in the playoffs.

What a wild finish to the season and something that will probably never be duplicated. Amazing and heartbreaking for some baseball fans.

The first World Series I remember is the Yankees vs. N.Y. Giants in 1951. Willie Mays rookie year. I don't remember the hoopla over Bobby Thompson's home run. Yankees won the World series in 6 games that year.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-29-2011, 09:23 AM

The greatest night of baseball--EVER!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdudik View Post
the greatest night of baseball--ever!!!
amen!!!!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 AM

I would have to second that!!!!Really wild ride last night for any baseball fan!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Gold member

Go lions and tigers
Old 09-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Smile

What a night. GO PHILLIES!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captg View Post
What a night. GO PHILLIES!
Yeah...Another Phillies fan!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Well said tpop . . I have the MLB ticket on DirecTV and my thumb was getting raw doing "prev channel".

GO BREWERS!!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

...... Yankees in 6 !!!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.