How do you spell "Choke"?

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Gold member
Default How do you spell "Choke"?

B O S T O N
R E D S O X

Unbelievable two games. A great comeback victory by Tampa and a disgusting example of how to come up short by Boston.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Bosoxfan

First let me preface this by saying the Red Sox don't deserve to be in the play offs.With that said Joe Gerardi decided he'd rather have the Rays in there because if he were playing to win tonights game Mariano Rivera would have shut the Rays down in the ninth.Who the hell was that pitching to Dan Johnson or whatever his name is in the ninth.And although I've never liked the Yankees I always thought they were a class organization not some bush league pieces of sh** Guess I was wrong!!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Gold member

No, sorry to disagree, but a team doesn't play it's best players prior to the post season if it doesn't have to. Why risk injury to the money players. The Yankees didn't keep the Sox out of post season; Boston kept themselves out by being unable to get the job done.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Bosoxfan

I agree the Red Sox kept themselves out but sorry when a game means that much to your opponent you need to compete.Where's Soriano & Rivera..Might as well been you or me throwing those meatballs to the Rays hitters!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Veteran member

I would formally like to welcome back the Bambino and his curse!!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkret View Post
No, sorry to disagree, but a team doesn't play it's best players prior to the post season if it doesn't have to. Why risk injury to the money players. The Yankees didn't keep the Sox out of post season; Boston kept themselves out by being unable to get the job done.
I have to agree. Those "no name" pitchers had shut Tampa Bay out for most of the game. The Yanks have to do what's best for them, not what's best for the Red Sox. And at the end of the day, if the Red Sox didn't have the biggest September collapse in baseball history, they wouldn't have put themselves into the situation of relying on someone else to win for them. No matter what the Yanks did, if Boston would've won then their fate would have been in their own hands in a one game playoff. Don't blame the Yankee's relievers....blame Pappilbon for blowing the save and blame some questionable base running if you must blame anyone besides the fates.

Last edited by brostholder; 09-29-2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: add a sentence
Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Platinum member

It wasn't that the Yankees didn't play to win or that The Bosox choked. The big issue was Kevin Youkilis injury. He is a gamer, a leader and without him in the lineup for a month, the team couldn't recover. ON PAPER, Boston had the better team but we are not playing Strat-O-Matic. When the Yankees lost Jeter and AROD for a long period, their replacements (Nunez and Chavaz) filled in well. In The Red Sox case, Aviles replaced Youk and although a nice utility player, he was not the answer.
I am the worlds biggest Yankee fan but I will not bash The Red Sox. It was just one of those years.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkret View Post
My husband always said that the most important game is the next one. So you have to go with your best...just saying. Go Phils!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Gold member

The Herald and the Globe are having a fieldday this morning. And, on www.boston.com Columnist Dan Shaughnessy, calls this team "the poster boys of the Heimlich maneuver.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
First let me preface this by saying the Red Sox don't deserve to be in the play offs.With that said Joe Gerardi decided he'd rather have the Rays in there because if he were playing to win tonights game Mariano Rivera would have shut the Rays down in the ninth.Who the hell was that pitching to Dan Johnson or whatever his name is in the ninth.And although I've never liked the Yankees I always thought they were a class organization not some bush league pieces of sh** Guess I was wrong!!
You could try this link [ame]http://askville.amazon.com/counter-medication-exist-depression/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=6414423[/ame]

Go Yankees!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:53 AM

That link dropped, sorry http://www.allaboutdepression.com/med_08.html
Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
I have to agree. Those "no name" pitchers had shut Tampa Bay out for most of the game. The Yanks have to do what's best for them, not what's best for the Red Sox. And at the end of the day, if the Red Sox didn't have the biggest September collapse in baseball history, they wouldn't have put themselves into the situation of relying on someone else to win for them. No matter what the Yanks did, if Boston would've won then their fate would have been in their own hands in a one game playoff. Don't blame the Yankee's relievers....blame Pappilbon for blowing the save and blame some questionable base running if you must blame anyone besides the fates.
I agree. I always tell my Red-Sox buddies it is a long season. Injuries and tiredness of being used too much is factored in. It's tough to swallow for Red-Sox fans.

As a long time Yankee fan, I am glad that the talkheads will focus talking about their collapse as oppossed to the 2004 World Series. Another one tough to swallow for Yankee fans but even worse having to be reminded of it at every baseball game for the next 10, 20, 30 years. Sometimes, I just turn the sound off so I don't have to listen to their drivel as they rarely say anything that is informative.

Joe Giradi has the responsiblility to get the Yankees ready for the playoffs and not be too concerned about the Red-Sox fate. if it was the other way around, I'm sure it would be the same scenario. In a perfect world, the best players would be used in every situation to win every game.

Go Yankees.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Gotta know your baseball not just Sox

Quote:
Mariano Rivera would have shut the Rays down in the ninth. Yanks Play Friday night - Mo was NOT going last night!!

Who the hell was that pitching to Dan Johnson or whatever his name is in the ninth[B]. -Logan and Ayala who gave up the key hits have pitched well for Yanks all year & will be on the post-seaon roster

....it's all on the Sox.[/B]

---

Last edited by tpop1; 09-29-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: sp
Old 09-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
So referencing of a serious disease that affects millions is your answer?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
So referencing of a serious disease that affects millions is your answer?
Just trying to be humorous and in order to do that there has to be somebody receptive to it and now I know you're not in a good mood. Sorry!

Maybe the "Curse" reactivated after Jeter got his 3000th hit!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.