Mariano Rivera Retiring?

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Mariano is not only a great pitcher...he is a great human being. He will be missing in the baseball world.

I have a feeling that he will be back doing something for NYY, maybe after a short period of being away. Same with Posada.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

And lastly, Rodriguez......will he be able to help with power numbers.
Signing and resigning AROID was a big mistake
Old 02-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Signing and resigning AROID was a big mistake

I agree totally !!!!! He is now going to be a Yankee for a long time....it appears that one of the Steinbrenner sons "fell in love" !
Old 02-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Platinum member

And the new generation so called baseball fans will one day call AROID one of the greatest Yankees of all time. AROID was never a Yankee. Never will be. Mickey, The Babe, Joe D, Yogi, Whitey, The Scooter, Allie Reynolds, Lou Gehrig, Dickey, Jeter, Mariano, Mattingly, Randolph, and I assume Cano will be considered great Yankees. AROID???? No F****n way. Not in my book anyway
Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
And the new generation so called baseball fans will one day call AROID one of the greatest Yankees of all time. AROID was never a Yankee. Never will be. Mickey, The Babe, Joe D, Yogi, Whitey, The Scooter, Allie Reynolds, Lou Gehrig, Dickey, Jeter, Mariano, Mattingly, Randolph, and I assume Cano will be considered great Yankees. AROID???? No F****n way. Not in my book anyway

You are not alone, and while some of it is because of the way baseball has changed, most is how he has carried himself his entire career.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Platinum member

Most of the people I mentioned were not only great players, they were model citizens. Okay maybe Mick and The Babe had their issues but they played at a different time and were so good they could get away with it. AROID is president of his own fan club.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.