NY Yankee GM- TOM HANNON FIXES THE YANKEE PROBLEMS

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Platinum member
Default NY Yankee GM- TOM HANNON FIXES THE YANKEE PROBLEMS

Hot off the press

Just announced. Tommy Hannon replaces Brian Cashman as GM and within ten minutes made some blockbuster transactions which fixes the Yankee concerns without breaking the bank and keeping the salary within the magical $189 million dollar budget.

Hannon traded Curtis Granderson to the Texas Rangers for third baseman Michael Young. (Salary is equal)

He then signed Ichiro for a lot less than Swisher would have been making. Ichiro will play right field with Gardner moving to center.

Hannon also is offering either Phil Hughes and or Ivan Nova in a package for Justin Upton.

And if Upton can't be had, Josh Hamilton can be an option and the team could be within their budget becaus eof the cost saving transaction.

As John Sterling says - THE Y-A-N-K-E-E-S WIN

PS: Of course this complete post is in jest but I think it works. What do you think?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Default Tom Cashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Hot off the press

Just announced. Tommy Hannon replaces Brian Cashman as GM and within ten minutes made some blockbuster transactions which fixes the Yankee concerns without breaking the bank and keeping the salary within the magical $189 million dollar budget.

Hannon traded Curtis Granderson to the Texas Rangers for third baseman Michael Young. (Salary is equal)

He then signed Ichiro for a lot less than Swisher would have been making. Ichiro will play right field with Gardner moving to center.

Hannon also is offering either Phil Hughes and or Ivan Nova in a package for Justin Upton.

And if Upton can't be had, Josh Hamilton can be an option and the team could be within their budget becaus eof the cost saving transaction.

PS: Of course this complete post is in jest but I think it works. What do you think?
I like all of it except the Phil Hughes move. He's inconsistent but experienced. This may be his year to finally crack the barrier and become a reliable starter. I love all the other moves. Anything was an upgrade over obnoxious Swisher! You are hired Tom! Just think, if George were still alive this would have been done by now plus Hamilton would be in center field.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Hot off the press

To The New Yankee GM:

I think Youkillis is a better option at third as he can also spell Texiera at first which is a little more versatile than Young.

Ichiro instead of Swisher is a great option.

Nova , (very inconsistent), for Upton is the better option as I would be concerned over Josh Hamilton as New York has too many temptations. Hamilton is a perfect fit for the short right field wall but.............
we'll see.

The Devil's Advocate.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Platinum member

Don't be too ha5rd on me 2B. I am thinking of hiring you as a roaming scout to check out the prospects playing in The Villages. The thing about Uke is his injury tendency and Michael Young is another player as clean as Jeter. I do like Uke but for 12 million a year I think he is being overpaid.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcuse View Post
I like all of it except the Phil Hughes move. He's inconsistent but experienced. This may be his year to finally crack the barrier and become a reliable starter. I love all the other moves. Anything was an upgrade over obnoxious Swisher! You are hired Tom! Just think, if George were still alive this would have been done by now plus Hamilton would be in center field.
Hi Tom Cashman. Any chance of you being Brian's brother?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Gold member

Gotta say - like most of it.

For me - I have never liked Hughes and I hope he proves me wrong!

On the other hand, I know we need to get rid of Swisher but I have always liked his hustle. Wish he could have contributed more with the bat.

Hamilton would be great BUT I am not sure he would be a good fit in New York.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Sage

Interesting............. when I saw the title, I figured you'd just forfeit the next 2 or 3 seasons to the Sox, and start all over.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Don't be too ha5rd on me 2B. I am thinking of hiring you as a roaming scout to check out the prospects playing in The Villages. The thing about Uke is his injury tendency and Michael Young is another player as clean as Jeter. I do like Uke but for 12 million a year I think he is being overpaid.
I wasn't trying to be hard on you but was thinking of of possibilties that might fit better. I would love to be a roaming scout. Wouldn't Young want a multi-year type deal?

I agree 12 million is a lot of money but Youkillis is a hardnose player. It's a one year deal that fits your plan as Robby Cano is a free agent after next year and he will probably want A-Rod type numbers as his agent is Scott, (The Avenging Angel), Boras. Scott will be tough to deal with going forward.

We still have to address the catcher issue unless we go with Cervelli and Stewart with Romine a distant possibility. Your boss, Hal S., will demand you stay under the 189 million salary cap mandate. He doesn't want pay the luxury tax.

I hope you get to keep your job.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.