Real Contenders

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Real Contenders

Why are we wasting time talking about the Yankees and Red Sox in the Junior circuit when the real teams are playing the National League.

Teams Like THE BREWERS who still have a great shot at the NL Central vs the Cubbies because the Cubbies have to play the Brew Crew & the Cards 12 times in the next 30 days (approx).

GO BREWERS !! :#1:

040 040 040
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 09-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts
Default Re: Real Contenders

I'd love to see the Cubs win a world series in my lifetime - times running shorter guys! LOL

Just cuz it's about time, ya know?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned
Default Florida Collegiate Summer League (Baseball)

One of my passions has always been minor league baseball. I enjoy baseball in general, especially those leagues where the players don't have egos the size of Gibraltar, and there is still some love-of-the-game shown. Collegiate summer leagues are especially good, and I've followed them wherever life has taken me.

This past year the Florida Collegiate Summer League (FCSL) operated again. Leesburg has a team (one in TV would be great!) and did fairly well. It's a pass-the-hat type of league of college players, and this year's Leesburg team was coached by an Orlando-area resident and former Cy Young winner, Frank Viola.

FCSL's website is http://floridaleague.athleticsite.com/

My commuting (DC-TV-DC-TV....due to end next April) kept me from attending any games, but I did listen to a couple on the web-radio link. Did anyone get to any of the FCSL games?

I wonder what it would take to have a team at TV, playing at the high school baseball field?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts
Default Re: Florida Collegiate Summer League (Baseball)

I've attended many a minor league game. My TV time is still very sporadic at this time, but if a team were nearby, I'm sure I'd take in a game often enough.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.