Steinbrenner Dead at 80

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Gold member
Default Steinbrenner Dead at 80

George Steinbrenner died this morning at 80. You could love him or hate him, but you had to respect what he did with the Yankees. The Yanks were an organization in poor shape in the early 70's, and Steinbrunner lead a group of investors that purchased the team from CBS in 1973 for $10 million. Since that time they have won 11 penants, 7 World Series, and the team is valued at over $1.5 Billion (that's Billion with a B). As a Yankee fan, I think "The Boss" was one of the best things that ever happened to my team, right along side of the Babe being purchased from Boston and the signing of Derek Jeter. RIP George, there'll never be another owner like you.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Default Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
George Steinbrenner died this morning at 80. You could love him or hate him, but you had to respect what he did with the Yankees. The Yanks were an organization in poor shape in the early 70's, and Steinbrunner lead a group of investors that purchased the team from CBS in 1973 for $10 million. Since that time they have won 11 penants, 7 World Series, and the team is valued at over $1.5 Billion (that's Billion with a B). As a Yankee fan, I think "The Boss" was one of the best things that ever happened to my team, right along side of the Babe being purchased from Boston and the signing of Derek Jeter. RIP George, there'll never be another owner like you.
I agree, even if I am a die hard BoSox fan
Old 07-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I just posted on the wrong thread.........so here

Rest in Peace George Steinbrenner, and thank you for the many wonderful memories. You gave 'us', the fans some of the best!!!!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.