Tampa Bay Rays attendance joke....

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Gold member
Default Tampa Bay Rays attendance joke....

What will it take for the people of the Tampa Bay/St. Pete area to support their team? Here is a team tied for First Place and the attendance resembles a last place team. Out of 30 MLB teams The Rays are ranked 23rd. Along with the Yankees, this team has the best record in MLB. Watching the game tonight I noticed that it appears that more than 50% of seats are unoccupied.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Gold member

tkret, I agree. I'm a Yankee fan and I love the way the Rays play ball. They win by putting pressure on the opposition - and it doesn't stop, even if they are ahead by several runs. They may be the most aggressive team in the majors. It makes for good, enjoyable baseball for their fans. But when the Yankees are in town, there is a lot more Yankees gear on the fans than Rays gear. Must be something about Florida teams. After the Marlins won the World Series, they sold all of their good players and haven't been a contender since.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

Cant speak for others, but I know myself, not interested in paying for admission so some cat can bank 50 mil over 7 years. I dont go to any pro sporting event.. Just like the deal with the Heat and the King and his court. I know where I work there are alot of sport fans, Most are football. They will not go to the games. Heck you pay for Cable or Satelite TV, I rather sit on my couch where I can Drink a beer and have some food and not pay a arm and leg and maybe part of you family tree for it. Just MHO..

Now on the other hand about the Yankees. ALthough it is baseball, that is the only game I think I would go see one time in New York. That would kind of be like going to Wash DC and not seeing the Monument or the Smithsonian.. A one time deal that is..

Money out
Old 08-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMONEY View Post
Cant speak for others, but I know myself, not interested in paying for admission so some cat can bank 50 mil over 7 years. I dont go to any pro sporting event.. Just like the deal with the Heat and the King and his court. I know where I work there are alot of sport fans, Most are football. They will not go to the games. Heck you pay for Cable or Satelite TV, I rather sit on my couch where I can Drink a beer and have some food and not pay a arm and leg and maybe part of you family tree for it. Just MHO..

Now on the other hand about the Yankees. ALthough it is baseball, that is the only game I think I would go see one time in New York. That would kind of be like going to Wash DC and not seeing the Monument or the Smithsonian.. A one time deal that is..

I agree, I'd much rather watch the game at home, especially with commentary and analysis, not to mention the kitchen behind me and a bathroom a few steps away.
In S Fla. we had the same attendance problem, football or baseball, because nobody was from there. I was up to going to a game now and then, but decieded I rather stay at home than ride to a getto to the stadium, then pay a fortune to park, tickets and eat.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Gold member

Having lived in Tampa for 15 years the problem with attendance at Rays games is the location of the stadium. It is almost impossible for people from Tampa to get to a 7 PM start time. The place is in St. Pete in a location that involves much traffic and congestion. Going home is just as bad, if you live in suburbs of Tampa it's easily over an hour to get home. If you do decide to go it's great inside tho. Another great place to watch a game is in Seattle. Buy the $7.00 tickets, then move right down after the first inning, they still let you do that there. Every time we've gone there we ended up sitting right behind the Red Sox(visitor's) bench.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.