Yankees Prayer 2010

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default Yankees Prayer 2010

posted by my niece on facebook for her father who passed away in april - i thought it was cute:

Our Father, who art in the Bronx, baseball be thy game.
Where hot dogs are on buns, and Championships are won,
on earth as they are in New York.
Give us these games, so we can flip off those who root against us.
And lead us not into elimination but deliver us to the World Series yet again. Amen

Old 10-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
posted by my niece on facebook for her father who passed away in april - i thought it was cute:

And lead us not into elimination but deliver us to the World Series yet again. Amen
...Can you tell I'm a Red Sox fan...Although I don't like when I hear the chant Yankees suck...simple fact...they don't!!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
...Can you tell I'm a Red Sox fan...Although I don't like when I hear the chant Yankees suck...simple fact...they don't!!
sox fans are okay...i like the sox and the pats, too...we have another vacation home in maine and have travelled extensively thru new england for more than 30 yrs...guess you could say i'm conflicted!...lol.

heading your way in a few weeks for thanksgiving...can't wait to stop for pies and other bakery at the public house in sturbridge! yummmm!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Bosoxfan

Publick house is one of our favorites,but we're here in the villages so have a woopie pie for me!!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Sage

njbchbum
Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2009
Yankees Prayer 2010

Posted by my niece on facebook for her father who passed away in april - i thought it was cute:

njbchbum:

Very cute. I'm sorry for your nieces loss of her father.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Sage

Bosoxfan:

Can you tell I'm a Red Sox fan...Although I don't like when I hear the chant Yankees suck...simple fact...they don't!!

Love your sign-off statement.

I agree that chant leaves a lot to be desired. As I longtime Yankee fan, I taught my son to have respect for other people interest in rooting for whoever they chose. I told him I never wanted to see him wear a t-shirt saying, XXXXXX S---s. As I was watching the game last night, I heard that chant and was turned-off by it. IMHO - It is classless.

The Boston/Yankees series are always a battle and I always look forward to seeing how each one turns out. As you know, they tend to be marathons and very dramatic.

BTW - Ted Williams was the greatest hitter I ever saw.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.