LeBron James?

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Taltarzac
Default LeBron James?

What do you think of his move from Cleveland? Good thing? Bad thing? Does this mean that the Orlando Magic are not going to get a Championship in the upcoming years?

There seems to be a lot of people from Ohio in the Villages as well as many on TOTV.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Eternal Member

I would guess it depends on how well James, Wade, and Boch mesh. They had an article about some of the teams of the past that had a fearful threesome. In a couple of cases the egos got in the way. In the others they clicked.

The Magic has a pretty good team and took on some of the other tough teams and won. Their problem is not remembering their game plans and not playing defense at times.

I am going to take a wait and see attitude about this. I am sure there will be plenty of press before the actual season starts.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Default LeBron

Our world is way out of whack. I love sports but we don't pay our scientists, doctors, researchers, etc. that kind of money, but these thugs get millions for dunking a basketball. I'll stick with college ball.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Veteran member

I think it is great for LeBron and probably the team as long as the three of them can work together. Notice I did not say play together. Basketball is a business and you demand whatever u can get. I just hope James can live on his salary because he took a cut to come to Miami.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Gold member
Default greg 441

do not understand? "these thugs get millions for dunking a basketball" why are they thugs'
Old 07-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

I have lived in Akron Ohio, LeBron's hometown, all my life and I for one am glad he is gone. You could not believe the news media here in northern Ohio and this goes back to his high school days.

I believe that he had made up is mind to play elsewhere a long time ago. His number change may have been the first signs of his thinking. Look at his play in the 5 or 6th game of the playoffs with Boston, he just showed up and forgot to play.

Also I think that Danny Farry, former Cav's GM, had a good "feeling" that LeBron was not coming back and he did not want to go through a rebuilding process so he left.

Everything that took place on the Cav's as far as player personnel went through LeBron. He was asked what players he needed to bring Cleveland a title and management went out and got them. Look at the deal with Z and Antawn Jamison. Cav's needed another center and they go out and get Shaq. His year was lack luster to say the least but he did fill in where needed with the exception of the playoffs.

I think what has fans upset the most in Cleveland is how LeBron went about this entire free agent process. For one by not at least giving some hint of his plans to management Cleveland is out of options as far as free agents are concerned. The team "star" is now Jamison and they have to build around him? Also it looks like the team will not pick up the option on Delonte West and his off court problems of packing fire power heat in DC. The is a 12 million dollar option and would put the Cav's under the salary cap but it is not final yet. Another rumor going around is that Delonte was having an affair with Gloria James, LeBron's Mom. http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/...om-the-knicks/

One of the reasons LeBron said he wanted to move on was to win a championship. Problem is that if he does it will be Wade's team and not LeBron's. Talk about an ego thing. Wow. Oh yeah he in essence said that his former team mates were not able to bring him "his" championship.

With LeBron moving on the Cav's are now a 40 to 45 win team as they stand today and that will get you a first round runner up in the playoffs.

It will be interesting who the Heat add to their roster at minimun salary to make them a winner. The Heat do need a center and a point guard.

Now I wish the news media would just not mention one thing about him for one week and it will be as if he never played here. Problem is they won't. Oh I am so glad that someone invented the remote with mute.

So it is back to the Browns and Indians and see if they can bring a championship to Cleveland but I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

But wait a minute, Cleveland did have the national spelling bee champion this year but that does not count as it is not a sport. Must have been home schooled because if you knew the condition of the Cleveland school system you would understand.

Lebron, good luck in Miami, check your ego at the door and break a leg.

Last edited by Hawkwind; 07-10-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Gold member
Default Art Modell no longer the most hated man in Cleveland

Art Modell is very happy about James leaving for Miami. Now he is no longer the most hated man in Cleveland.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 PM

As avid Miami Heat fans for years, my wife and I are ecstatic. We are looking forward to the best show in sport for years to come.

The Miami Heat are a first class organization. They have earned the right to be chosen by Wade, James, and Bosh. The players know this is the best environment for them to bring a new dynasty to the basketball world.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.