March Madness. Going to be sporty in the Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default March Madness. Going to be sporty in the Villages.

Anyone have any predictions about the teams which will be in the brackets as well as which teams you think will go to the Sweet Sixteen, the Elite Eight, and the Final Four?

I have played the various bracketology games the last 4 or 5 Marchs but seem to fail with picks when it comes to the narrower fields.

With my own brackets, I went to 5 schools and often have trouble being loyal when they go head-to-head. Only 4 schools have basketball teams though.

The Nevada Wolf Pack is doing the best of the 4 schools I attended which have NCAA basketball teams. That's the U of NV, Reno; BYU; Denver, and Minnesota.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Eternal Member

I learned a long time ago that loyalty will never win pools.

The problem with trying to pick winners now is that you do not know which region the teams will end up. Until they do the selections I can only go with my list of the top 25.

I play in some pool every year. I don't know the site though. Not sure if it is Yahoo or another one. I play in it all of the time. Maybe we can get a TV competition if I can figure out the site.

I will try and remember to check back in when I get the invite.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Gold member

Michigan State, Go Green-Go White.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Sage

The brackets should have two or three top rated teams going to the Final four.

IMHO - One has to figure out who is the darkhorse team that no one expected to come close to winning it all. Every year it seems, that is the one factor that determines who wins the bracket pool.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Anyone have any predictions about the teams which will be in the brackets as well as which teams you think will go to the Sweet Sixteen, the Elite Eight, and the Final Four?

I have played the various bracketology games the last 4 or 5 Marchs but seem to fail with picks when it comes to the narrower fields.

With my own brackets, I went to 5 schools and often have trouble being loyal when they go head-to-head. Only 4 schools have basketball teams though.

The Nevada Wolf Pack is doing the best of the 4 schools I attended which have NCAA basketball teams. That's the U of NV, Reno; BYU; Denver, and Minnesota.

WOW !!! That's almost as many schools as the 1/2 governor of Alasky went to.

Anyway, To get back to the topic of this thread ......

SYRACUSE ORANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I learned a long time ago that loyalty will never win pools.

The problem with trying to pick winners now is that you do not know which region the teams will end up. Until they do the selections I can only go with my list of the top 25.

I play in some pool every year. I don't know the site though. Not sure if it is Yahoo or another one. I play in it all of the time. Maybe we can get a TV competition if I can figure out the site.

I will try and remember to check back in when I get the invite.

Z
Z, we had a Final Four pool last year with the Villages group thru Yahoo but there were only a few players that entered. I forget who ran it (I thought it was "T") but I'm pretty sure I won, or at least finished way up there
Skip 2
Skip 2
Old 02-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
Z, we had a Final Four pool last year with the Villages group thru Yahoo but there were only a few players that entered. I forget who ran it (I thought it was "T") but I'm pretty sure I won, or at least finished way up there
Skip 2
Skip 2
Cool.

I never did the Villages' NCAA Basketball bracket. Mine have been in various venues and I almost always get mine thoroughly broken up by the dark horses.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Sage

March Madness coming soon.

Have to check and see this weekend if any of my alma mater teams win tournaments. That's Denver U.; U of MN.; University of NV, Reno; and BYU.

I never graduated from BYU; so technically that probably is not an alma mater. They sure were sports crazy there. That's all I remember from the school cafeteria. The sounds of cheerleaders, players, and the like always on the sound system.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.