Thanks...I needed that.

P.S.
Click Here
Old 10-18-2019, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,506 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
So the NBA player is allowed an opinion, but the forum poster is not? Hmm.

Please point out where I even came close...to saying that.

I have NEVER said, nor even implied a poster (or anyone for that matter)...isn't entitled to their own thoughts/opinions.

What the thread is about, is how it seems some folks don't think others (particularly celebrities)...should be allowed to voice their opinion(s).
Old 10-19-2019, 05:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Unfortunately, the notoriety hogs do command the attention of the media. Hence lending a false authority to a mere personal opinion.
That's it in a nutshell.

Steve
Old 10-19-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Unfortunately, the notoriety hogs do command the attention of the media. Hence lending a false authority to a mere personal opinion.
It only lends authority if you let it lend authority. Media attention doesn't seem to have amplified anyone's "mere" personal opinion on this board. Why do we think that it it's any different anywhere else? Most people can discern hypocritical motivations. Sometimes they don't want to. Sometimes they see them everywhere.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Is anyone as disgusted with Lebron James, James Harden, Steph Curry, Gregg Popovich, Steve Kerr, and the rest of the hypocrites that make up the NBA as I am? I am so done watching NBA basketball.
Look it is the " Adoring Public " that put these individuals on a Throne.

They become " Celebrities " be it Sports, Movies, TV, etc. etc.

They are so full of themselves overnight become so-called Experts on every subject under the Sun. And actually believe that they are really " Special ".

It is the Worshipers that put these clowns on the throne.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromAroundHere View Post
You're right, I don't get it. Don't have the Twitter. Don't want it. Don't worry myself about other people's opinions, or why I think they changed them.

If I decided that all hypocrites were unworthy of my support, I wouldn't be able to vote.
I'm with you all the way. One of the reasons I am happy and content is that I've never been on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other of the social wrecking sites. I laugh every time some bozo gets into trouble for something stupid or ignorant printed on one of these sites.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,025 Times in 361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Comrade LeBron never went to college and has absolutely no credibility on China, except for the fact that his brand makes millions there, and wants to make millions more. People need to start giving pampered, rich athletes a lot less attention, along with the know-nothing Hollywood crowd, and pay a lot more attention to China, who is heck-bent on taking over the world at the expense of human rights.
We watched LeBron since he was 14 years old. A phenomenal talent to be sure. From his first 7 years with the Cavs to his shorter stay in Miami, back to the Cavs, and now the Lakers. We have rooted for him all the way. We have taken pause recently with his incredibly uniformed stance on China, and their human rights violations. And don't forget, the false narative..."I can't breathe, ....." I just saw LeBron during the national anthem run around yelling "let's go", totally disrespecting this country, and our anthem. Yes, I feel like a fool. My support of LeBron and the NBA is done.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:46 AM

Maybe it's not an appropriate topic, but... When nba season starts and where you'll watch it? I fell in love with this game past summer, and i'd never watched before. About Lebrone James, and others: they are not just people, they are rich people making business, and it's ok that they didn't meet expectation of yours. They do what is profitably for them, that's the life. Peace!
Old 10-24-2019, 04:44 AM

But then there is the Harlem Globetrotters. Now that is entertainment. NBA no way. Spoiled no-nothings
Old 11-01-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
But then there is the Harlem Globetrotters. Now that is entertainment.
That's for sure! But I never know who's gonna win.
Closed Thread

Tags
nba, james, hypocrites, basketball, rest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.