Arnold Palmer's Riley Grove in great Shape

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2023, 12:46 PM
Cool Arnold Palmer's Riley Grove in great Shape

Just Played Riley's Grove at Arnold Palmer's Course. It is in great shape. Fairways are green and well manicured, bunkers (spent some time in them) were nice and the greens were beautiful! The maintanace team is doing a superp job.
Old 06-17-2023, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalisbu View Post
Just Played Riley's Grove at Arnold Palmer's Course. It is in great shape. Fairways are green and well manicured, bunkers (spent some time in them) were nice and the greens were beautiful! The maintanace team is doing a superp job.
The renovations done on Riley last summer are finally starting to mature and the course is excellent. The only thing that still needs time is for the new greens to get less firm and accept approach shots better. That will happen over time as the greens are aerating a few times. Laurel Valley is going through the same renovations this summer and I believe they plan to renovate Cherry Hill in 2024. The greens at Lopez are a great example of how nice they become a couple years after the renovations. Golf on : )
Old 06-17-2023, 09:06 PM

Riley's is my favorite course but not so much the other two. Which 18 hole course is the most interesting? I need to take a brother in law in July out there somewhere. So far I like Belle Glade - Tequesta and Seminole for 18.
Old 06-18-2023, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisport View Post
Riley's is my favorite course but not so much the other two. Which 18 hole course is the most interesting? I need to take a brother in law in July out there somewhere. So far I like Belle Glade - Tequesta and Seminole for 18.
I would vote for Laurel to Riley at Palmer, but Laurel is closed for renovations. My other choices would be Calusa to Tequesta at Belle, Egret to Killdear at Evans, or any rotation of the three courses at Glenview.
Old 06-18-2023, 09:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisport View Post
Without question, Tierra Del Sol is the best golf course on campus in my opinion.

This especially true if you're from the northern part of the county, where we have golf courses that are carved out of the woods. Tierra is also the hardest course on campus, but it's design and conditioning is unsurpassed in my opinion.
Old 06-20-2023, 07:43 AM
Default Riley Grove

Also has the biggest gators in The Villages
Old 06-20-2023, 10:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Without question, Tierra Del Sol is the best golf course on campus in my opinion.

This especially true if you're from the northern part of the county, where we have golf courses that are carved out of the woods. Tierra is also the hardest course on campus, but it's design and conditioning is unsurpassed in my opinion.
Would not have said this 3 months ago. Fairways felt like a British Open Course. HARD! Greens are the fastest in TV
Closed Thread

Tags
arnold, grove, great, shape, palmers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.