Cane Garden Championship Course

Cane Garden Championship Course

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbromley View Post
Played Hibiscus to Alamanda this evening- greens have recovered fine but they haven't cut them for speed and they are slow. Both courses have way too much crab grass and the courses fairways are slowly being taken over by common Bermuda - it's not good. Why are all the courses not in the same condition? I think the layout of Palmer and Lopez and Glenview as designed by pros and that is what you should be paying for not general conditions. I'm sorry but even Palmer is fighting off weeds and patches of common Bermuda as well as some Zoysia. I understand areas of rough having some different grasses because of trees and shade on to the left of the path but they were all built with the same hybrid Bermuda grass. Over the years they've been allowed to go down hill due to "lack of interest" or not wanting to keep the grass pure for probably cost reasons. Now, however Glenview is actually better than Palmer - more pure hybrid grass almost totally with very small inconsistencies. They should all have the same condition - they should all be as pure as Glenview. It is very disappointing to see the level they have allowed Cane Garden to dwindle down to! Crab grass everywhere. It is a really beautiful course too. Personally I don't understand why any of our courses are being allowed to degrade further and further especially the executives cause they really aren't free now are they. They should all be maintained to the same condition standard. My two cents worth...
Are you sharing your concerns and solutions with golf management?

Old 09-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Gold member

I would assume that golf management already realizes the golf courses are not in good shape. Why else would they hire an outside expert to oversee the operations. The big question I have is will they listen to him and if there needs to be more money spent will they allow it?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Sage

I played Jacaranda to Alamanda at Cane Garden last Monday and had no complaints. I thought overall the course was fine, the only difference I noticed from past visits over the last five years was they have decided to let the rough grow. It use to be no penalty to land in the rough, in fact sometimes a better lie. However now it's playing like real rough. We had 3 or 4 times to search for a ball because it was sunk down in the rough, that was something you never worried about in the past. It's a real penalty now if you miss the fairway.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Are you sharing your concerns and solutions with golf management?
Do you really think they might listen? I'll do that if you have seen any indication that they do.
Closed Thread

Tags
playing, conditions, forum, users, ensure