Golf Course Conditions

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2023, 08:26 PM
Default Golf Course Conditions

Played Cranes Roost at the the Plantation in Leesburg today. I will not complain about Villages Conditions again. (See attached photo of typical green at Cranes Roost).
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpeg
Views:	3115
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	98333  
Old 05-11-2023, 07:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
Played Cranes Roost at the the Plantation in Leesburg today. I will not complain about Villages Conditions again. (See attached photo of typical green at Cranes Roost).
Yikes. Played Nancy Lopez on 5/8. Greens were lightning fast. Do not leave yourself downhill putts. On other hand played Cane Garden on 5/11 and greens were punched recently and very slow and balls stopped on rut like spots on severe slopes.
Old 08-22-2023, 11:01 AM

The championship courses that I've been playing lately are in great shape (as long as they've haven't been recently aeroated). There's only one problem: they grow the rough a little higher to the point where you may not see your ball unless you are standing directly over it. I can only surmise that it's healthier for the grass to be a little higher occasionly.
I'm not complaining. My group just allows a free drop for balls that disappear in the rough. It's just not fair. Just drop a ball and move on.
Old 08-22-2023, 11:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
The championship courses that I've been playing lately are in great shape (as long as they've haven't been recently aeroated). There's only one problem: they grow the rough a little higher to the point where you may not see your ball unless you are standing directly over it. I can only surmise that it's healthier for the grass to be a little higher occasionly.
I'm not complaining. My group just allows a free drop for balls that disappear in the rough. It's just not fair. Just drop a ball and move on.
It’s a good thing you don’t hot your ball in the rough.
Old 08-22-2023, 01:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,323 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
I just checked the internet. They charge $32.95 (cart included) to play on that course???
Old 08-22-2023, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Not meant as an argument but it’s making the courses a little more difficult. It’s easy to say “don’t hit in the rough and you won’t have to worry”, but sometimes that’s harder to execute than not. There’s a fine line between letting the roughs fill in, (slower play) vs cutting them low and getting criticized for being too easy.
Old 08-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

If I saw that green I would go get my money back.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Do you get a "free drop" when you hit it in a bunker, too?

... or a "free putt" when the cup is cut on a slope?
Old 08-23-2023, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Do you get a "free drop" when you hit it in a bunker, too?

... or a "free putt" when the cup is cut on a slope?
Wonky analogy...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
conditions, cranes, roost, golf, typical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.