Hacienda GC

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2020, 06:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Understand

I agree that people who have not lived or worked in area's with large Apartments rentals can't understand what problems are associated with this kind of a community. Living in a type of mid western state is like living in an open field compared to the density of a city like NY City where I worked for many many years. The Villages is leading to a "density" problem which will bring crime and serious infrastructure problems. It is not the size, it is the density and the problems associate with that kind of profile. To deny this is a strong indication of a lack of experience in high density areas. I think it is a little hypocritical to say the Developer/Owner of the Villages should not be "bad mouthed" but "throwing up" on POA members is acceptable behavior? Does the statement, "Let them eat cake" ring a bell?
Old 09-15-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1946 View Post
Hacienda Palms is a prime candidate for homes/apartments ...Lots of space !!
And on holes 2 - 6 lots of homes that residents paid a big premium for so they could live on a Championship Golf course.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
And on holes 2 - 6 lots of homes that residents paid a big premium for so they could live on a Championship Golf course.
Where does it state the Championship Golf Course is being removed?
Old 09-15-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Where does it state the Championship Golf Course is being removed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1946 View Post
Hacienda Palms is a prime candidate for homes/apartments ...Lots of space !!
Responding to the above post, look closer.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:38 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Responding to the above post, look closer.

The property the CDD owns??
Old 09-15-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is nothing at all spoken or planned about removing golf courses.

The people who would rent the apartments would have the same criteria as any Village resident. No kids under 19.

This wouldn't be a "Walker-in" rent by the hour day week month. These would be leases of at least a year.

This is not section eight housing.

I just put this header in my browser " people oppose apartments" and came up with this kind of negative reaction everywhere. Yet I KNOW of friends who live in Million dollar apartments in Chicago. Our granddaughter pays over three thousand dollars a month for an apartment in Manhattan. (And I wouldn't live in it for two seconds)

I think it is going to be like the Lofts.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I think it is going to be like the Lofts.
Or even better. It'll have golf course views on some sides, much to the disappointment of about 50 chronic complainers ( most of whom don't really have a dog in the fight, they just like to bitch. It's their hobby).
Old 09-16-2020, 10:56 AM

Have read with interest the last couple of days of comments....some pros and some cons re what they want to do with the HH CC property. It must be kept in mind.....that the majority of people purchased in the Villages....for its' amenities and life style....which did not include apartments. And as a reminder...the developer in writing...noted all country club property with their restaurants...pools...tennis facilities...and so on would be available for a lifetime for property owners in The Villages. That written commitment now may be broken; and as a result... possibly hundreds of homes around HH CC will lose tangible value. Several of those who will not be directly effected.....seem to have little sympathy for those who will be.
Sales brochures ( The Villages...Our Hometown) that I have from 2004 for instance....tout Katie Belles as a "resident only" restaurant for lifetime enjoyment...note the variety of restaurants around the square...and " Have a cozy dinner at one of our Country Clubs. Each features a distinctive menu and ambiance from fine gourmet dining to Caribbean island fare". Well it looks like the ambiance at HH CC .... will be replaced....and the restaurants around the square will possibly become apartments, as a lot of owners are becoming victims of the covid-19 problem. (With "tongue in cheek"... one wonders that if the developer is financially hurting that bad due to the troubles restaurant owners have... and the Sharon is closed due to the covid-19 and generating no income....maybe the Sharon Theater should be converted into an "assisted Living" complex to help the developer meet his financial goals....may make about as much sense as the conversion of the HH CC).
One wonders why the developer will not maintain what was promised...in writing.
Going forward...why not be a little more creative. Why not take a parcel of The Villages expansion properties.....ad create a larger apartment complex placed appropriately and blending the complex into the geographic area......with assisted living included. Then gear social amenities and activities appropriately.....putt putt golf...larger centralized social center...bocce ball...on line or phone shopping....maybe even a small executive course...etc.. It would seem to make more sense. Residents would have more in common...activities would be more appropriate...and it could be a very special place...like no other........just as The Villages was once touted.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I just took a ride by Hacienda in my golf cart. With the buildings removed it's surprising how large the lot it. There will be no need to take any holes away from the golf courses to build an apartment building or buildings.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrav711 View Post
. And as a reminder...the developer in writing...noted all country club property with their restaurants...pools...tennis facilities...and so on would be available for a lifetime for property owners in The Villages. That written commitment now may be broken;
Would you mind showing a copy of this "promise for a lifetime" you referenced? I can't find it in any of my stuff about The Villages, and I believe another poster is offering a reward for PROOF of this claim.

Or did you just "interpret" it this way?
Old 09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I just took a ride by Hacienda in my golf cart. With the buildings removed it's surprising how large the lot it. There will be no need to take any holes away from the golf courses to build an apartment building or buildings.
Us too. We drove by on the way to Doctor's visit. I also wanted to remember just how close La Hacienda Regional Rec Center on Avenida is is to the torn down Hacienda Country Club on Morse.

People should also drive around the neighborhood just back of the assisted living on 466A. And also ON 466A to see that there is golf course, then Buena Vista and then more golf course.

I could be wrong. I am not a renter, but a lot of nice decent, everyday people rent apartments. They will be held to the same restrictions as other Villagers. No kids under 19 for more than 30 days in a calendar year. I don't know about lawn ornaments on their balcony porches. (That is supposed to be sarcastic humor)

We will see. It will happen. The property does not belong to anyone but the people who plan to build apartments on it. If that bothers people, there is probably someone ready to buy their house and live here.

We will see.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:27 AM

You can refer to the State of Connecticut Amended and Restated Property Report of the Villages dated 2003..... on page 16 of the report prepared by the Villages Developer it says ..paragraph 7..."The developer or his designee shall own and PERPETUALLY maintain the recreational facilities and grounds...".
Also in "The Villages ...Our Hometown" sales brochure it says "Play Free Golf for the rest of your life on all of our Picturesque Executive Golf Courses".. These items I have...but I understand there is other written material.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
You can refer to the State of Connecticut Amended and Restated Property Report of the Villages dated 2003..... on page 16 of the report prepared by the Villages Developer it says ..paragraph 7..."The developer or his designee shall own and PERPETUALLY maintain the recreational facilities and grounds...".
Also in "The Villages ...Our Hometown" sales brochure it says "Play Free Golf for the rest of your life on all of our Picturesque Executive Golf Courses".. These items I have...but I understand there is other written material.
Hope this helps.

Fake News......................this is not what you stated in your prior post.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
"The developer or his designee shall own and PERPETUALLY maintain the recreational facilities and grounds...".

Restaurants are not Recreational facilities

Also in "The Villages ...Our Hometown" sales brochure it says "Play Free Golf for the rest of your life on all of our Picturesque Executive Golf Courses"..

Free golf is still honored. You walk with your own bag hand cart = no cost.

These items I have...but I understand there is other written material.

No one seems to have anything with the "promises" some are referencing. Are you "sure" they exist? Could be money in it for you.

Hope this helps.

See above.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:59 AM

Fake news...please explain.
On page 3 of the restated property report...which the developer prepared and states on the first page..."The
developer is responsible for for the accuracy and completeness of this report"....it states in paragraph two..
page 3 "All of the recreational facilities in The Villages, INCLUDING THE GOLF COURSES, swimming pools...etc....are initially owned and maintained by the developer..."
The definition of "perpetuate" (as noted on then page 16 as noted earlier) is "to continue indefinitely".
What that would mean to most folks....is that the developer in writing stated to the State Of Connecticut; that they (developer) would indefinitely maintain the golf courses and recreational facilities.
Please explain...fake news...
Closed Thread

Tags
hacienda, idea, happen, hills, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.