Hacienda GC

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2020, 07:46 AM

One of the reasons people get all up in arms ....are due to the rumors that get started on sites like this. The developer will NEED the golf course as a draw for high end renters...They are not taking any of the golf course away.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagent711 View Post
Directly from leadership in the Districts Management office, after meetings with the Developer
And the persons name is??

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-22-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
NO GOLF COURSE IN THE VILLAGES HAS BEEN BUILT OVER. A Country Club restaurant building has been removed. Period. AMEN.
I do appreciate your comments they are well written, direct and better still you make your point crystal clear atleast to me.

But for the others take a guess % wise who just don't get it .... well fill in _______ I bet it's over 75%.

PS: This AM ( Saturday 8/22 ) about a dozen or so people were protesting in front of Panera Bread @Spanish Springs. A complete total waste of time.

Parking Garage or Apartments with all the modern convivences take your pick.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTho View Post
I do appreciate your comments they are well written, direct and better still you make your point crystal clear atleast to me.

But for the others take a guess % wise who just don't get it .... well fill in _______ I bet it's over 75%.

PS: This AM ( Saturday 8/22 ) about a dozen or so people were protesting in front of Panera Bread @Spanish Springs. A complete total waste of time.

Parking Garage or Apartments with all the modern convivences take your pick.
I will pick the parking garage. I don't have to compete with parked cars for a t time at an executive golf course or a lane in a sports pool to swim laps in.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Eventually, everything in the The Villages will be turned into apartments. There will be no rec centers, no pools, no golf courses, no tennis courts, no parks and no single family homes. The goal is to turn it into The Bronx of Florida. 😂😂
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

They aren’t Country Clubs they are golf courses with restaurants! Some good some not so good.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:08 AM

I’m rather shocked by the comments about the developer here. I thought the vast majority of people in TV were conservatives and that most (all?) conservatives were pro business. Here’s a company that has produced this wonderful community and they are constantly being criticized as being greedy. I don’t get it.

A business that doesn’t make money dies. It cannot afford to fund an operation that doesn’t return a profit. This country club and Katy Belle’s were here to make money for the developer and were, apparently, failing at that. They were not amenities here just for our enjoyment. The developer is not a government.

The “greedy” developer sees that there is a huge demand for living the active lifestyle we have here in TV and they are trying to meet it. The Boomers are retiring in huge numbers. Do you think the “greedy” developers should stop building houses and stop turning unprofitable land into land that can help meet that demand?

Not everyone can afford to own a large home on a lot. Not everyone wants to maintain a yard. Some of us are getting too old to deal with all the maintenance issues associated with living in a single-family home and would like to sell their houses to a younger family and move into a maintenance-free apartment. Do you want to force them to move out of TV where their friends are? Apartments are a benefit to the community. Yes, building them on top of a single-family neighborhood is unfortunate, but what else do you think they should do with that land that can actually turn a profit.

Instead of whining about this, how about making suggestions of things they can do with that land that is actually profitable.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fox View Post
One of the reasons people get all up in arms ....are due to the rumors that get started on sites like this. The developer will NEED the golf course as a draw for high end renters...They are not taking any of the golf course away.
Interesting first post.

Or, one might opine that the oligarchs engage in monopolistic practices in direct violation of the Interstate Commerce and Sherman Anti-trust Acts.

In any case, see Big Yellow Taxi sung by Joni Mitchell

listening for "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot".

Little did she know then, that she was singing about the Hacienda GC.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:19 AM

And what about parking, the suggested pool available to all Villagers, and the restaurant? Really, can anyone imagine what else will go missing?[/QUOTE]

There is nothing in the agreement about a restaurant.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:32 AM

Was there something so wrong with Hacianda that it couldn't be fixed, but tore down?
Old 08-28-2020, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttrcp123 View Post
Was there something so wrong with Hacianda that it couldn't be fixed, but tore down?
I see a lot of posts from new posters and they are either stirring the pot or are negative which makes me wonder if we missed a meeting somewhere that was negative toward either The Villages, the CDD form of government or the developer or all of those things and that someone wants another "power" to lead here.

I feel a movement forming somewhere that feels very controversial and contrary to all of the good things I have seen for fourteen years owning here in The Villages.

I am a woman and I sense it and I smell it and I feel it.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:46 AM

I think residents of The Villages should have "Protest Marches" daily in front of town square sales offices regarding what's happening to Hacienda Hills C.C., Katy Belles, and who knowes what else in the future. It would certainly blemish their image as "Florida's Friendliest Home Town". it's become quite clear they are not interested in what is happening, especially to residents north 466.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmanirog View Post
I think residents of The Villages should have "Protest Marches" daily in front of town square sales offices regarding what's happening to Hacienda Hills C.C., Katy Belles, and who knowes what else in the future. It would certainly blemish their image as "Florida's Friendliest Home Town". it's become quite clear they are not interested in what is happening, especially to residents north 466.
Welcome to TOTV. I’m wondering how many negative posts regarding the proposed apartments and the Developer are from residents north of 466. Counting Orange Blossom there are five championship golf courses north of 466. Three are 27 holes and two are eighteen holes. That is a lot of championship golf. The owner and Developer is making decisions based on supply and demand which changes over time. Apparently there is a demand for apartments and less demand for championship golf and Country Club restaurants north of 466. Just a thought.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Apparently there is a demand for apartments and less demand for championship golf and Country Club restaurants north of 466. Just a thought.
Apparent? And you know that how?
Old 08-28-2020, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
Apparent? And you know that how?
He knows that because he has been living here since 2012. He knows that because he is a very aware and up on things person. Usually after people live here for awhile they relax and see there is no hidden agenda. This is a mighty fine place to live. In eight years it may well be apparent to you.

Tags
hacienda, idea, happen, hills, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.