Hacienda GC

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2020, 09:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
I’m rather shocked by the comments about the developer here. I thought the vast majority of people in TV were conservatives and that most (all?) conservatives were pro business. Here’s a company that has produced this wonderful community and they are constantly being criticized as being greedy. I don’t get it.

A business that doesn’t make money dies. It cannot afford to fund an operation that doesn’t return a profit. This country club and Katy Belle’s were here to make money for the developer and were, apparently, failing at that. They were not amenities here just for our enjoyment. The developer is not a government.

The “greedy” developer sees that there is a huge demand for living the active lifestyle we have here in TV and they are trying to meet it. The Boomers are retiring in huge numbers. Do you think the “greedy” developers should stop building houses and stop turning unprofitable land into land that can help meet that demand?

Not everyone can afford to own a large home on a lot. Not everyone wants to maintain a yard. Some of us are getting too old to deal with all the maintenance issues associated with living in a single-family home and would like to sell their houses to a younger family and move into a maintenance-free apartment. Do you want to force them to move out of TV where their friends are? Apartments are a benefit to the community. Yes, building them on top of a single-family neighborhood is unfortunate, but what else do you think they should do with that land that can actually turn a profit.

Instead of whining about this, how about making suggestions of things they can do with that land that is actually profitable.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
There is absolutely nothing in writing with the developer about a restaurant.
Many States required a "Property Report" to be prepared by Florida developers due to a 1985 Florida property case. The Villages ..."IN WRITING"...promised many things including the Hacienda CC to have a pool..pro shop..tennis courts..etc. They also laid out the development to HAVE ONLY homes and villas....no multi dwellings as proposed at Hacienda. They can be held accountable for their written commitments via "class action" suit that several groups are now investigating. There are also some Villages Our Hometown pamphlets produced around 2004 that contain similar information and promises. All in writing. Depreciated home values around HHCC can be substantial . Will be interesting to watch this play out.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrav711 View Post
Many States required a "Property Report" to be prepared by Florida developers due to a 1985 Florida property case. The Villages ..."IN WRITING"...promised many things including the Hacienda CC to have a pool..pro shop..tennis courts..etc. They also laid out the development to HAVE ONLY homes and villas....no multi dwellings as proposed at Hacienda. They can be held accountable for their written commitments via "class action" suit that several groups are now investigating. There are also some Villages Our Hometown pamphlets produced around 2004 that contain similar information and promises. All in writing. Depreciated home values around HHCC can be substantial . Will be interesting to watch this play out.
Where can I view the report?
Old 08-29-2020, 10:15 AM

States like NY, Ct , Mass., etc ....had required them for anyone considering buying property in Florida due to the Johnson v. Davis, 480 So.2d 625, 629 (Fla. 1985) case that involved a piece of Florida property. This is just info I've picked up from various people. Perhaps if you contact the controlling department in an individual State they will be able to get you a copy or advise you of where to locate it. Possibly...someone reading this note can better direct you..
Old 08-29-2020, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=rtrav711;1824781]States like NY, Ct , Mass., etc ....had required them for anyone considering buying property in Florida due to the Johnson v. Davis, 480 So.2d 625, 629 (Fla. 1985) case that involved a piece of Florida property. This is just info I've picked up from various people. Perhaps if you contact the controlling department in an individual State they will be able to get you a copy or advise you of where to locate it. Possibly...someone reading this note can better direct you..[
/QUOTE

There is no problem or crisis. People who live near the Senior Living building complex on 466 next to Bob Evans have had no issue with devalued property. Nor the ones who live adjacent to Promises across from the High School have no trouble with their property being made less value. Or the ones in Duval behind the huge assisted living building on 466 A. Those folks right next to that building have had no problem getting the proper amount for the homes sold. Why all the new people with messages of dark gloom?

I sense a secret movement to overthrow The Villages as a CDD.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:26 AM
Sage
Default Report

Quote:
States like NY, Ct , Mass., etc ....had required them for anyone considering buying property in Florida due to the Johnson v. Davis, 480 So.2d 625, 629 (Fla. 1985) case that involved a piece of Florida property. This is just info I've picked up from various people. Perhaps if you contact the controlling department in an individual State they will be able to get you a copy or advise you of where to locate it. Possibly...someone reading this note can better direct you..
You have not read the report, but know the contents?
Old 08-29-2020, 10:58 AM

I'm a snow bird and behind the times.
One simple question.
Are they building apartments near Hacienda GC ?
Is it too complicated to be answered on this forum ?
Old 08-29-2020, 11:09 AM
Sage
Default Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Kelly View Post
I'm a snow bird and behind the times.
One simple question.
Are they building apartments near Hacienda GC ?
Is it too complicated to be answered on this forum ?
Yes, there will be apartments at Hacienda.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:11 AM

To answer whether I have ever read the contents of the Villages real estate report....I had....prior to buying property in the Villages. I probably still have the report among other older stuff in the attic. Suggest if you need a copy, check with the State of Florida, they may have a copy. Otherwise...one of the groups looking into a legal action may have a copy or copies....I know of no group contacts..so if a member of same is reading this....perhaps you can supply a copy of a property Report. Thanks..
Old 08-29-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I probably still have the report among other older stuff in the attic. Suggest if you need a copy, check with the State of Florida, they may have a copy..
Great posts!

Please, rtrav711, keep digging.

Those of us that live along the Morse Blvd parking lot (high season) are extremely interested.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:38 PM

Just returned from golfing and saw your note. I have two friends who will be greatly impacted by the changes at HH Country Club....so I will be checking into information that will assist them. Will be sharing what I find...if helpful....on this site.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:44 PM

This isn't exactly correct. The developer has 286 remaining amenity privileges that they can now build North of 466. They dont have to build on HHCC site. The AAC voted against the 200 constituents wishes 4-1. The AAC traded most of the 286 amenity fees for a pool, walking path, and courts. Along with rebuild of the postal station...this is quite simplified. The bottom line is that owners got screwed. And unless you live on an Executive course, the developer can take any championship course, county club, square, developer open/owned anytime they want. But above 466 they will need amenity privileges. Check out Villages Promise Preservation Watch (V2PW) on Nextdoor. We roll out a web page and FB page next couple of days.
One thought that makes some sense is that developer wants to establish some cash streams to make a sale more appealing. The 3rd Generation is nearing retirement.

Last edited by Patzy; 09-02-2020 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-02-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patzy View Post
the developer can take any championship course, county club, square, developer open/owned anytime they want.
Yes, yes, yes.

And, instead of building the high density housing in a "commercial" zone, aka Brownwood, left unchallenged, this event could mean that the oligarchs will erect other units in the middle of any residential, single family housing neighborhood.

Folks, this is precedent setting.

Don't think it can happen to you?

YES, it can and probably will!

PS: Patzy, I've been watching formation of the "Villages Promise Preservation Watch" (V2PW) on Nextdoor. I applaud your (and others) efforts. And, I will donate to a GoFundMe account for legal fees, trying to protect my property's value.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,093 Times in 2,750 Posts

I was wondering how long it would take before the residents that would be directly effected by the HH apartments started to push back. If this directly effected our property, I would not go away quietly.

Everyone who owns, or is considering owning, a home in proximity to land owned by the developer (including all Championship golf courses), should be watching how this plays out very closely. It could happen to you!
Old 09-03-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I was wondering how long it would take before the residents that would be directly effected by the HH apartments started to push back. If this directly effected our property, I would not go away quietly. Everyone who owns, or is considering owning, a home in proximity to land owned by the developer (including all Championship golf courses), should be watching how this plays out very closely. It could happen to you!
Read the latest (Sept. 2020) edition of the POA Bulletin and the current VHA newspaper.

The strong arm tactics used against members of the AAC by the Developer (aka "He") should enrage all current and prospective homeowners.
Closed Thread

Tags
hacienda, idea, happen, hills, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.