Hacienda GC

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2020, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
Then why do you continue posting counter arguments?
I am a Villager. I have been here for about 15 years. We owned a place in Hadley and now own a place at Bridgeport at Laurel Valley. I don't have a dog in the fight I said. And I also said that I love this place. It is now MY home town. I identify with it. It is a great place. I am a fan of how the developers have done things. It is a very successful entity for good reason. People are flocking here for good reason.

Why do you continue trying to see problems and stir up trouble???
Old 09-13-2020, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Why do you continue trying to see problems and stir up trouble???
The person(s) you are responding to are not trying to see problems, and I am sure they would prefer to not be dealing with said problems. The problems got dumped into their neighborhood. They had no choice but to see the problems. And they are not trying to stir up trouble, someone else stirred up trouble for them, they are just responding to the troubles they did not ask for.

This is not directly effecting my wife and I, but I whole heartedly sympathize for the people who are being negatively effected by events that they never either hoped for or expected would happen in their neighborhood. Very sad.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
The obvious difference between this and HHCC is that these people knew they were adjacent to an area zoned for commercial use and therefore the lots were priced accordingly. BTW there is a wall that surrounds the assisted living place and whatever other commercial entities are there now. All the homes in the area that are nearest back up to it (face the opposite direction).

I couldn't remember so I had to go look (online). There is a Lowe's and several other business concerns right next door to Sumter Place - to the west.
There is no commercial development between Morse and Buena Vista where Day Lily Drive is. You live close to Tierra Del Sol and not close to either the defunct Hacienda Hills Bar and Grill on Morse or La Hacienda Regional Rec Center on Avenida. The Regional Rec center has residential housing around it but Hacienda Hills has two cul de sacs touching it and that is all. It has a golf course to the back and Morse to the front.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:38 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Imagine buying a golf course lot and the next thing you know you know later you are now facing someone's living room, bedroom, or lanai ? People may have second thoughts on buying pool priority perks as well not knowing which country club will be next.
What about the Silver Lake properties ??? They are in the town of Lady Lake.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:49 AM
Sage

Here are pictures I just found of the inside and out of the Lofts at Brownwood.

{{metaTags.title}}

I am not ready for a smaller space yet, but who knows what might change.

Can everyone use their pool?
Old 09-14-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale2 View Post
What about the Silver Lake properties ??? They are in the town of Lady Lake.
As far as i know Silver Lake executive course will remain but will be redone with minor changes.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:38 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,248 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
There is no commercial development between Morse and Buena Vista where Day Lily Drive is. You live close to Tierra Del Sol and not close to either the defunct Hacienda Hills Bar and Grill on Morse or La Hacienda Regional Rec Center on Avenida. The Regional Rec center has residential housing around it but Hacienda Hills has two cul de sacs touching it and that is all. It has a golf course to the back and Morse to the front.
Were you drinking when you wrote this LOL?

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-14-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Were you drinking when you wrote this LOL?
I don't drink alcohol at all. I don't take mind altering drugs. What part do you disagree with? Your name is clear. People can find where people live. You live close to Tierra Del Sol that is now a theater.

The point I was making that there are two buildings with the name Hacienda in the title. One, Hacienda Bar and Grill is the name of the "country club" that was torn down for apartments. It backs on the golf course and fronts on Morse. On the sides of that property are homes at the end of culdesacs. About ten homes total at the most will be directly adjacent to the apartments to be built.

La Hacienda is another big building and it is a regional rec center on Avenida drive. Sometimes people get the two confused when someone says Hacienda in The Villages.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:58 AM
Gold member

I'm not a complainer or a whiner, and I am a firm believer in personal freedom, capitalism and the greatness of this United States of America. I also love living in The Villages and would not want to live anywhere else. I have never said that the developer does not have the right to make money. But I will say this. In almost any other place in this great USA, if you want to build a nearly 300 unit apartment complex in a residential area, you would be required to perform several studies before approval. One is an environmental impact study, and another would be a traffic study. I live just up the street from the proposed site, and must travel daily in my golf cart on Morse Blvd. (my mail station is the one in front of the former country club building). I am also a daily bicycle rider who avoids Morse Blvd. at all times. I don't think it's complaining to tell you that I believe traveling by golf cart or bicycle on Morse Blvd. is already one of the most risky things you can do in The Villages. There have been accidents resulting in fatalities and injuries in both golf carts and bicycles on this street. I want the "powers that be" to require the developer to perform a traffic study before final approval of the proposed construction, and for them to make that study available to the public. And I don't think that's too much to ask. I believe such a study would show that Morse Blvd. is woefully inadequate to add this many new residents, and would recommend widening it with the addition of multimode paths and tunnels. Which frankly is what you have just about everywhere else in The Villages.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I'm not a complainer or a whiner, and I am a firm believer in personal freedom, capitalism and the greatness of this United States of America. I also love living in The Villages and would not want to live anywhere else. I have never said that the developer does not have the right to make money. But I will say this. In almost any other place in this great USA, if you want to build a nearly 300 unit apartment complex in a residential area, you would be required to perform several studies before approval. One is an environmental impact study, and another would be a traffic study. I live just up the street from the proposed site, and must travel daily in my golf cart on Morse Blvd. (my mail station is the one in front of the former country club building). I am also a daily bicycle rider who avoids Morse Blvd. at all times. I don't think it's complaining to tell you that I believe traveling by golf cart or bicycle on Morse Blvd. is already one of the most risky things you can do in The Villages. There have been accidents resulting in fatalities and injuries in both golf carts and bicycles on this street. I want the "powers that be" to require the developer to perform a traffic study before final approval of the proposed construction, and for them to make that study available to the public. And I don't think that's too much to ask. I believe such a study would show that Morse Blvd. is woefully inadequate to add this many new residents, and would recommend widening it with the addition of multimode paths and tunnels. Which frankly is what you have just about everywhere else in The Villages.
I wonder how many units there is room for? I frequently take the road behind the independent/assisted living on 466 next to Bob Evans and I have never seen anyone go in or out. They must do it. There must be an entry on 466.

I have seen traffic studies done by The Morse family and studies by experts on many things. Maybe this is an established ratio, if you feed in the facts of number of inhabitants.

You are so right that having golf cart paths directly adjacent to Morse is very dangerous. It is one of the things they changed as they built south in most cases. I think that the cart paths should be separate. I wonder if that decision rests with the ACC that was established after the group sued the developer. I think Morse along the roadway doesn't look as nicely kept with ground cover and bushes north of 466. It seems to be better tended south of 466 where the regular CDD is still in control. BUT I may be that I am unfairly judging.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Darn

Darn, I was going to stay out of this as much as I could since it is so loaded with "guesses" and terrible comparisons and conclusions based on poor judgements that it is like bad fiction! Let's take Parr Drive which is behind Bob Evan's and next to Elan Independent living with controlled age restrictions and people paying $6,000-$7,000 a month. In one case there was a comparison of this and the commercial apartments being built in a community of homes, and as one note said, "Only 10 homes will be right next to the Apartments". I promise you that writer would scream to blue heaven if they were one of the 10 homes!! I'm betting they are not! Lets agree that if you don't own a home in the area being developed as Apartments that we don't stick our noses under the tent and pretend we have the 'answers. There was a few comments regarding traffic both Auto and Cart and it was inserted, for reasons I can't understand why, this is related to a law suit the Developer lost and an ACC was created to offset his [Developer's] neglect of the
Country Club in the "Old Section"?
Old 09-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

I'm looking forward to the apartments. I think it could be like Mardi Gras in NO. Let the Spring Breakers come. Stock up on beads now. (it all started in NO in the mid-70's) We were all much younger than............but what the hell, let's start this in The Villages.

Let's be honest..............who earned their beads in their younger days???

Old 09-14-2020, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Darn, I was going to stay out of this as much as I could since it is so loaded with "guesses" and terrible comparisons and conclusions based on poor judgements that it is like bad fiction! Let's take Parr Drive which is behind Bob Evan's and next to Elan Independent living with controlled age restrictions and people paying $6,000-$7,000 a month. In one case there was a comparison of this and the commercial apartments being built in a community of homes, and as one note said, "Only 10 homes will be right next to the Apartments". I promise you that writer would scream to blue heaven if they were one of the 10 homes!! I'm betting they are not! Lets agree that if you don't own a home in the area being developed as Apartments that we don't stick our noses under the tent and pretend we have the 'answers. There was a few comments regarding traffic both Auto and Cart and it was inserted, for reasons I can't understand why, this is related to a law suit the Developer lost and an ACC was created to offset his [Developer's] neglect of the
Country Club in the "Old Section"?
What are "commercial" apartments? Will there be the same age folks that now live here with the same restrictions? No one under 19 with a limit?? Will the leases be for a year or more? What will be the problem with people parking their auto or golf cart? Do the lofts have garages for golf carts? Do you think it will be like the Lofts? The Lofts is three story. What do you think will happen to the Village of La Hacienda? Do you think bad older people will live in the apartments? Some people always rent. I don't. Never have and really don't want to but snowbirds might find it more convenient until they can live here full time. Do some people stay snowbirds for always? I could be wrong about this harming the community. Bad mouthing the developer is certainly not doing anybody any good. I suspect it is part of another difficulty and could even have something to do with how some people view people who own big businesses and are financially successful.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
What are "commercial" apartments? Will there be the same age folks that now live here with the same restrictions? No one under 19 with a limit?? Will the leases be for a year or more? What will be the problem with people parking their auto or golf cart? Do the lofts have garages for golf carts? Do you think it will be like the Lofts? The Lofts is three story. What do you think will happen to the Village of La Hacienda? Do you think bad older people will live in the apartments? Some people always rent. I don't. Never have and really don't want to but snowbirds might find it more convenient until they can live here full time. Do some people stay snowbirds for always? I could be wrong about this harming the community. Bad mouthing the developer is certainly not doing anybody any good. I suspect it is part of another difficulty and could even have something to do with how some people view people who own big businesses and are financially successful.
P.S. I misspoke. We did rent the first year of our marriage. We had dated for four years and saved enough money for the down payment on our first house.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:44 AM

Hacienda Palms is a prime candidate for homes/apartments ...Lots of space !!
Closed Thread

Tags
hacienda, idea, happen, hills, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.