Havana

Old 02-10-2024, 02:21 PM

I don't know about the water withdrawal, but I can tell you the soil that many of the greens sit on is the worst. Hit a ball onto #1 at Cherry Hill and the black muddy soil sticks to the ball and you can't just wipe it off, you need to wash it. Even after that the ball looks dirty. Almost as if it has ink on it. Others have the same issue.
Old 02-10-2024, 02:41 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=BrianL99;2299722]The advantage, is convenience .... you can drive your own cart to all the courses and there are plenty of courses to choose from.

More of an advantage to the championship course owners, who don't have to maintain a fleet of carts and provide you with one. IMO, I think they should be giving you a $25 discount off of those high greens fees if you bring your own cart.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:39 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

[QUOTE=UpNorth;2299804]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
The advantage, is convenience .... you can drive your own cart to all the courses and there are plenty of courses to choose from.

More of an advantage to the championship course owners, who don't have to maintain a fleet of carts and provide you with one. IMO, I think they should be giving you a $25 discount off of those high greens fees if you bring your own cart.
I'd like to be George Clooney, but I've sort of given up, wishing for the impossible.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclray View Post
All of these negative comments about multiple course conditions really has me stepping back now on considering buying something in TV. Golf is one of the main reasons I was even thinking about buying there. $74 to play a round of golf on a course that isn’t pristine there is ridiculous. Someone should warn ALL potential buyers of TV’s golf course(s) situation. I’m so glad on got in this site! Might have saved me from making a HUGE financial and life mistake! I just assumed everything inside TV would be absolutely top notch! Unbelievable. Thank you!
Would love to know of a pristine golf course for $74. Only time I have seen this is in a very hot place or very cold place.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
A lot of people would like to know which courses you are referring to. Have seen < $40 but not $26-29 a round.
Go online, book early on a deal, and pay in advance. Join a program like Golf Pass+ to get additional discounts (pays for itself almost immediately). Read the course reviews to check the conditions. Have not paid more than $30 for well designed championship courses outside The Villages since last November.

Tags
havana, golf, maintaining, stop, goats

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.