Havana

Old 02-16-2024, 05:11 PM
Default Havana

Pretty sad conditions of the greens today on Kenya/Hemingway. Some patches of okay (not great) grass, far more areas of sparse grass interspersed with moss and dirt. Tee boxes were dry and hard, fairways okay, roughs in brown dormancy. Not at all what I'd expect for a course with this price.
Old 02-17-2024, 07:43 AM

Agreed. We played Kilimanjaro/Kenya yesterday. The greens were AWFUL. Bumpy, little grass and inconsistent speed from hole to hole. I had no quarrel with the condition of the rest of the course. But because of the greens I will not play Havana again for a couple of months until the grass on the greens has a chance to grow back in.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:36 PM

Have Palmer's greens improved as of late?
Old 02-26-2024, 10:38 AM
Default TV golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehonour View Post
Pretty sad conditions of the greens today on Kenya/Hemingway. Some patches of okay (not great) grass, far more areas of sparse grass interspersed with moss and dirt. Tee boxes were dry and hard, fairways okay, roughs in brown dormancy. Not at all what I'd expect for a course with this price.
Played Havana yesterday. Greens an absolute disgrace. Not just one but all of them. Had 3 guests play with me. Totally embarrassing to show them the condition of this course and on top of this to make them pay $85 to play there. Should have taken them outside TV. Normally don’t play TV courses this time of year because of exorbitant prices. A good decision.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:12 AM
Default Outside courses

We usually play outside courses because of the villages poor conditions and high prices. Played Lake Diamond yesterday for $30. The greens were excellent, better than any in the villages for twice the price. The only way conditions will improve in the villages is if people stop paying high prices to use the inferior courses. The villages excuses for the poor conditions is pure bs. When you have other courses with the same weather conditions and the same amount of play have great greens, you need to start making the people in charge responsible for not doing their job. People need to be replaced with educated professionals who know how to do the job and will be held responsible if they don't. Right now, we have the worst conditions in the history of the villages and no one is being held responsible. We are given flimsy excuses to shut us up and move on.

Tags
grass, dry, hard, fairways, roughs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.