Havana CC, a new standard in bad greens

Old 02-26-2024, 06:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Disagree, we played Laurel to Riley and there was a very noticeable deterioration in the quality of the greens after making the turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I've had Palmer off my play list for almost 3 weeks, because the Greens were so bad on Riley & Laurel (I don't play Cherry). I go there to hit balls on the range and I'll try it again next week, based on your recommendation that Laurel's greens have improved.

The last time I played, I would have guessed that Riley's greens were diseased. Laurel's were just as bad from a playability standpoint, but I didn't notice as much indication of disease (not that I'm anywhere near an expert on turf management, but I've been involved with it for a long time).
You are right. The Greens on Laurel Valley have improved immensely, since 2 weeks ago. I played today and while they were a little slower than normal, they had plenty of grass on them. I suspect they're not cutting them as close, to let them heal.

Riley was as bad as they've been for the last 4-5 months. Hardly any grass on them.

Tags
greens, courses, conditions, mess, green

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.