Plans being discussed of a Golf Boycott by Priority Members !!!!!

Old 03-18-2024, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
In this case, a boycott isn’t about the lost revenue, it would be about the message it sends (that the residents can organize)
Unfortunately, for a boycott to be successful, you would need 85 to 95% participation.
the course would need to be EMPTY for 2 or 3 days. That won’t happen. People will see an opportunity to play on empty courses and cave on the afternoon of day 1.
Agreed. Especially so at this time of year. Lots of 'birds in TV, many of which are here for the golf. I doubt many of them would be willing to ruin their vacation for a cause that they most likely see as overblown in the first place.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:39 PM
Default Want attention to paid golf courses? Don't Boycott

Have a friend/relative outside the Villages post on Facebook (various sites, not just villages), Instagram, Yelp, X, etc -

I have been hearing golf conditions are not good on most of the courses in the Villages and tee times are not easy to get. With all the new development over the last 3 years fewer golf homes per house are being built and most of those are less than 100 yard pitch and putts. Has the number of houses vs. golf holes increased over the last few years? If so, what are the plans to rebalance the number of real golf holes per new homes built so they return to pre-covid numbers and course conditions improve? Can I go visit several courses in the older sections to see if conditions are as bad as I am hearing?

Once a few of those posts show up and new buyers ask to see the courses and holes per home numbers, things will change. Competitors will also catch on and let their buyers know to look hard when visiting. It will only take a few posts on Friday evenings to gain attention. When a few new buyers ask their sales reps, you will see quick over seeding and new sod suddenly appear. They know it is easier to fix a problem now vs. fix an image of decline later.

Our opinions are not valued as much as the next home buyers opinion. Give them the questions to ask when touring the Villages and it becomes "good marketing" to improve conditions.
Old 03-22-2024, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
Have a friend/relative outside the Villages post on Facebook (various sites, not just villages), Instagram, Yelp, X, etc -

I have been hearing golf conditions are not good on most of the courses in the Villages and tee times are not easy to get. With all the new development over the last 3 years fewer golf homes per house are being built and most of those are less than 100 yard pitch and putts. Has the number of houses vs. golf holes increased over the last few years? If so, what are the plans to rebalance the number of real golf holes per new homes built so they return to pre-covid numbers and course conditions improve? Can I go visit several courses in the older sections to see if conditions are as bad as I am hearing?

Once a few of those posts show up and new buyers ask to see the courses and holes per home numbers, things will change. Competitors will also catch on and let their buyers know to look hard when visiting. It will only take a few posts on Friday evenings to gain attention. When a few new buyers ask their sales reps, you will see quick over seeding and new sod suddenly appear. They know it is easier to fix a problem now vs. fix an image of decline later.

Our opinions are not valued as much as the next home buyers opinion. Give them the questions to ask when touring the Villages and it becomes "good marketing" to improve conditions.
You need to go look at Goldwingnut (Don Wiley’s) latest video on YouTube. He has all the numbers and basically the number of homes per golf hole (just counting championships and executives, not pitch and putts) is about the same as it has always been. With the addition of all the courses in the Eastport area we will be in good shape.

It has always been difficult to get tee times in high season on executives for large groups that have high points. I have never had a problem with getting tee times on championship or executive courses. My championship group has 12 golfers. On executive courses it is 4 or less. If you show some flexibility on time and courses you should have no problem. Maybe some of the large groups should split up and have a better chance of securing a reservation.

Tags
boycott, priority, members, heard, plans

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.