Rain good. Wet bad.

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2023, 04:10 PM
Veteran member
Angry Rain good. Wet bad.

At what point do the supers, or is it the golf club pros, decide whether a course is closed or restricted due to wet conditions? Can't they decide the night before? I hate getting up at 6:30am only to learn I could've stayed in bed because the course is closed. As for restrictions, one never knows until you get to the course and the starter tells you.😣
Old 06-21-2023, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
At what point do the supers, or is it the golf club pros, decide whether a course is closed or restricted due to wet conditions? Can't they decide the night before? I hate getting up at 6:30am only to learn I could've stayed in bed because the course is closed. As for restrictions, one never knows until you get to the course and the starter tells you.������
Man, you been around long enough to know not to bitch about such things………….
Old 06-21-2023, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Dude, the more my body erodes, the more I'm allowed to bitch.
Old 06-22-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
At what point do the supers, or is it the golf club pros, decide whether a course is closed or restricted due to wet conditions? Can't they decide the night before? I hate getting up at 6:30am only to learn I could've stayed in bed because the course is closed. As for restrictions, one never knows until you get to the course and the starter tells you.😣
The club pros and their super work together to decide closures and/or restrictions in the mornings after they have a chance to view their courses. No they can't decide the day before in most cases as conditions change from the afternoon prior. Especially during the summer rainy season as we will either get more rain overnight or conditions improve from a heavy afternoon/evening downpour.
You can go back to bed now.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
If you think it’s remotely questionable, stay in bed ….

Easy peasy !!
Old 06-25-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Recently we had lots of evenings/overnight rains. Book the 2nd wave and you can stay in bed all the time.

I wish there is a website that lists up to date/time of course closures, greens conditions (like plugging/sanding) Maybe there is???

If a course is closed and you booked a tee time, do you still get 1 point for making the reservation???
Old 06-29-2023, 05:50 AM

Golf the Villages and yes, 1 reservation point.
Old 07-06-2023, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Your premise of the course making a decision the night before is based on the probability that the weather guessers have a good handle on the forecast in any one area such as the course you intend on playing. A few days ago, the forecast for TVs was a 85% chance of thundershowers. I'm sure it rained somewhere in TVs, but not at my house. In other words, they have to wait for the storm to pass before assessing the readiness of the course to support players.

I guess the bottom line is you can complain all you want, but it changes nothing. Most likely, it just irritates a lot of people. I recommend you get better at choosing which battles to fight because this one is a loser.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie123 View Post
Recently we had lots of evenings/overnight rains. Book the 2nd wave and you can stay in bed all the time.

I wish there is a website that lists up to date/time of course closures, greens conditions (like plugging/sanding) Maybe there is???

If a course is closed and you booked a tee time, do you still get 1 point for making the reservation???
Think no point if they close but points go away pretty quickly.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Call

Call the course before you leave the house, DUH
Old 07-13-2023, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie123 View Post

You get 1 point when you make a reservation. If you cancel after you make a reservation but before play day you get 1 additional point to 2 points total. If you cancel the day of play you get 2 additional points for a totla of 3 points. They stay on your account for 7 days. If they declare a 1 point day at the course you were to play, you still get the 1 reservation point just as if you had played. This system is fair and gives preference to those who haven't played lately or as much as someone who has played a lot in a 7 day period. It also penalizes those who make a reservation and don't fulfill it...again fair.
Old 07-22-2023, 09:57 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Head pro at each club

Tags
closed, wet, decide, rain, bed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.