When will they learn.....

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2023, 10:03 AM

An observation from today on Laurel Valley. Have watched quite a few locals come by this morning- not rented carts- come through. And while they aren’t really doing anything wrong it just shows the mentality. The T box is literally 5 to 10 feet from the concrete cart path. Do they park their carts on the path? No. They park right next to the T box on the grass so they can walk 2 feet instead. Again it doesn’t really affect the play but it shows the mentality of taking every short cut possible which probably includes not fixing divots or sand traps. Oh well. So sad. Respect the course It is so simple 😢😢😢
Old 11-12-2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Played Palmer Cherry to Laurel yesterday, the first day LV was open after months of renovation. Conditions were great, fairways had decent grass, greens were running about 10-10 1/2, bunkers were great. However, turned to LV at 11:20 and noticed the following:

15+ unrepaired ball marks on each green
Dozens of divots not filled in
Half the bunkers with unraked footprints
The edges of the cups were raggedy.

At most 22 foursomes came before us

So, unfortunately, I'll give it 3 weeks, maybe less, before the conditions deteriorate to the level of the rest of our courses.

So the question is: When will our golfers learn that taking care of the course is everyone's responsibility, that there is no "entitled" superclass that need not rake, fill or repair. And stop sticking your putter in the hole to retrieve the ball or yanking the flagstick out with the ball in the cup. I wish we had cameras on every hole and institute a system of fines or revocation of golfing privileges for the offenders.
Totally agree! The folks who don’t take responsibility for proper golf etiquette will be the first to criticize the condition of the courses! They always have and always will.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:33 AM

Remember, these are public golf courses. Anyone from the outside can play our courses. Therefore, how do you monitor their golf behavior on a course. Should outsiders be required to go to a golf school?
Old 11-15-2023, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,086 Times in 2,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer74 View Post
Remember, these are public golf courses. Anyone from the outside can play our courses. Therefore, how do you monitor their golf behavior on a course. Should outsiders be required to go to a golf school?
The tiered pricing and golfing conditions makes the value of golfing in the Villages a poor relative value for non guest outsiders given the alternatives. The majority of the golfing in the Villages is done by residents, who get less expensive green fees and enjoy the benefit of loading up their own golf cart in their garage and taking it to/from the course. Outsiders are not the root cause of the problem being discussed in this thread, it’s lazy and inconsiderate Villagers.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:42 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer74 View Post
Outsiders ain't the problem.

(nice first post on second sign-on)
Old 11-15-2023, 01:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Outsiders ain't the problem.

(nice first post on second sign-on)
About 250 rounds on TV Championship Courses in the last 2.5 years. Almost all, booked as a single.

I've yet to play with an "outsider". All residents, guests of residents or long-term renters.
Old 11-15-2023, 05:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Played Palmer Cherry to Laurel yesterday, the first day LV was open after months of renovation. Conditions were great, fairways had decent grass, greens were running about 10-10 1/2, bunkers were great. However, turned to LV at 11:20 and noticed the following:

So, unfortunately, I'll give it 3 weeks, maybe less, before the conditions deteriorate to the level of the rest of our courses.

So the question is: When will our golfers learn that taking care of the course is everyone's responsibility, that there is no "entitled" superclass that need not rake, fill or repair. And stop sticking your putter in the hole to retrieve the ball or yanking the flagstick out with the ball in the cup. I wish we had cameras on every hole and institute a system of fines or revocation of golfing privileges for the offenders.
I think you mistakenly posted this on TOTV. Didn't you know that everyone on this board rakes, fills and repairs? They also drive perfectly in a roundabout, never let their dog pee on someone else's lawn, stop at every stop sign, never drink and drive and tip everyone they run across $50 at Christmas. Did I miss anything?
Old 11-15-2023, 06:41 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
I think you mistakenly posted this on TOTV. Didn't you know that everyone on this board rakes, fills and repairs? They also drive perfectly in a roundabout, never let their dog pee on someone else's lawn, stop at every stop sign, never drink and drive and tip everyone they run across $50 at Christmas. Did I miss anything?
Yes.

They don't let their dog poop on someone else's grass.
Old 11-16-2023, 08:24 AM
Veteran member
Default Rickey Craig

Quote:

Does anyone know the telephone number or email of Rickey Craig, the guy in charge of all our golf courses?
Old 11-16-2023, 08:56 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Pleasantly surprised what great shape Glenview green are this week.

Old 12-06-2023, 10:59 AM

Quote:

During Covid there were devices to raise the ball from the bottom of the cup which reduced cup damage. At my Summer course there are plastic baskets attached to the poles which take the ball out when the pole is lifted.
My girlfriend gets annoyed at me when I stop to repair too many ball marks on the greens because there are so many it really slows me down. Many of the marks are in locations that only proficient golfers would make so it is not just the learners doing the damage.
Closed Thread

Tags
ball, hole, bunkers, great, conditions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.