Platinum member
Default Re: Chatters Talk: Happy or Sad

OOPS, how the heck did that happen! :yikes: deleted
Old 09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Platinum member

:'( :'(

I have to get a root canal done at 3pm today!!! :edit: :edit: :edit: :edit:

I hate my teeth and dentists....I am sure they are very nice....but I can't stand it!

Just looking for a little sympathy! ;D

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Taltarzac

The Villages, Florida the Villages, Florida The Villages, Florida The Villages, Florida
The Villages, Florida the Villages, Florida The Villages, Florida The Villages, Florida
Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Gold member

To all of my friends, (who are, thank goodness secure enough in their charms that I don't have to name you all).

Thank you for your sympathy and understanding. We are now living on the pontoon under the lift cover for shelter.

I had to ban Tom from the house because he just doesn't understand that toilet covers must remain down at all times ("I don't care if you have to go..."), that we must walk lightly on the carpeting, so as not to mess up the vacuum pattern...and of course we are not cooking anymore because then we will have to clean the kitchen again!!

Anyway, I felt sorry for him and his hangdog look, so I moved to the boat with him. Not too bad actually. There is a table and chairs and a grill that attaches to the railings. The bathroom is a bit over the edge, but why not, like the fish don't poo???

We have a TV plugged into the lighter outlet, and the lift cover frame makes a great closet and the clothes help to make sleeping cozier at night...they also seem to confuse the mosquitoes.

Not bad, maybe we won't sell the pontoon with the house, maybe we will just float it down the mighty Mississippi through New Orleans and then head due East. Hmmmmm.

Oh, in case you are wondering, the garage is in the process of becoming a huge garage sale, so we can't live there just yet. Hope it is done before the weather turns cold.

I just re-read that last statement...am I really going to sit there and price all that :edit: or is some deserving charity going to get really lucky next week? I will let you know.

And thanks Bare I am glad you liked it. The house will have its own website by Monday, which I have to go write the copy for right now.

Talk to y'all later.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Sage

A sense of humor when chaos prevails .. that our Susan!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I remember back 41 years ago to Sorority Hell Week at my University when I had to push an egg down the sidewalk with my nose.

That is how I'm feeling after my first week back at school.

I have a boy who talks as if he's outside at recess yelling at his friend across the playground. His voice is deafening in the room and I think I need to buy earplugs to save my hearing.

I have a girl who loves to sit behind boys and scratch their neck. Think that sounds relaxing? Not if the scratching leaves 4 inch gouges in the neck!

I have another girl who wants to do whatever she wants to do whenever she wants to do it. She talks, laughs, gets out of her seat, tries to roam the room, and opens her desk and rummages through her papers making crinkling noises while I'm trying to teach.... doh

I have a boy who loves to throw rocks...especially at the backs of heads...

I have a girl who thinks everyone's locker is her property. She loves to open the lockers, put trash inside, close them...then blame her act on being an "accident".

I have a girl who never knows how she is getting home...not sure if she is to ride the bus or if her mom is picking her up. The problem is...she never knows until we are lined up ready to go home and there's only minutes to figure it out! (I got this one nipped in the bud with a call to mom...no more games with me!)

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY and the first week is over!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
I remember back 41 years ago to Sorority Hell Week at my University when I had to push an egg down the sidewalk with my nose.

That is how I'm feeling after my first week back at school.

I have a boy who talks as if he's outside at recess yelling at his friend across the playground. His voice is deafening in the room and I think I need to buy earplugs to save my hearing.

I have a girl who loves to sit behind boys and scratch their neck. Think that sounds relaxing? Not if the scratching leaves 4 inch gouges in the neck!

I have another girl who wants to do whatever she wants to do whenever she wants to do it. She talks, laughs, gets out of her seat, tries to roam the room, and opens her desk and rummages through her papers making crinkling noises while I'm trying to teach.... doh

I have a boy who loves to throw rocks...especially at the backs of heads...

I have a girl who thinks everyone's locker is her property. She loves to open the lockers, put trash inside, close them...then blame her act on being an "accident".

I have a girl who never knows how she is getting home...not sure if she is to ride the bus or if her mom is picking her up. The problem is...she never knows until we are lined up ready to go home and there's only minutes to figure it out! (I got this one nipped in the bud with a call to mom...no more games with me!)

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY and the first week is over!

I will just say MANY prayers for you!!!! GOOD thoughts only coming your way!!!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Sage

awww Bright. Keep Christmas in mind and one more school year and you'll be a Frog! YEAH! 040
Old 09-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Sage

Bright, sounds like you have a real challenge ahead!. It takes special angels to be teachers. Obviously you have the Right Stuff!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Platinum member

> OH DEAR!!! Don't they know summer is over? I know you will have complete control in no time. My friend in RI had a similar nightmare class and within 2 weeks they knew who the boss was and things got much, much better. That class ended up being her favorite of her past 15 years teaching! Have faith!!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage

Bright,

I had to laugh at your description of these kids you have but I realize its no laughing matter when you have to try and control them!

Ill just bet retirement in paradise cant come too soon for you:and you sure will have earned it!

ps. theres a lot of great drugs on the market!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Yes, I can manage these children with no problem. The first few weeks are always the most difficult as I am the Wicked Witch. I'm always relieved when I can let Glinda emerge after a couple of months.

Yesterday, the teacher across the hall from me was lamenting about her rowdy group. She looked at me and sighed as she told me that she wishes she had the magic touch with children that I have. She went on to say that come November she knows my class will be attentive, good workers, and well behaved as opposed to hers still being rowdy because she will still be trying to figure out how to gain control.

We all need compliments no matter how old we get and I smiled as I turned and walked away.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Sage

I will be so :edit: happy when this election is over.
Do you realize that some people will have nothing to talk about then?? What will they do?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Platinum member

I so agree, SAM!!!! Maybe they become trolls ??
Old 09-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Sage

Maybe then we can get back to the important stuff like. pickleball,and lifestyle lifts ,and line dancing and souping up golf carts and...............

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.