Chatters Talk: Happy or Sad

Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Thank you Administrators! You all do a great job! I love this site!

V07, I agree with you, "think before you post and sometimes think again". We all make mistakes and no one is perfect. Let's be a little kinder to one another.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Gold member

I love TOTV and I think y'all do a wonderful JOB. You have to put up with a lot of different personalities, likes and dislikes, but don't let them discourage you.

If people don't like what has been written don't read it. That simple! I don't agree with everything I read, that is my opinion only and the other person is entitled to theirs. We should all remember we are adults and treat each other with respect.

I know that you as the administrators put a lot of effort and time into this wonderful Forum and I for one appreciate it. It took me awhile to acquaint myself with the new format but I like it.

You as administrators have to make a lot of hard decisions and I for one would not like to have that job.

This is such a great place to learn, meet people, and chat I don't know what I would do without it everyday.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Sage

Jan, thanks for your post, which gently guided us back to realizing how blessed we are to have this site available to us.

It was fascinating to get some insight into the life of an Admin and the mounds of mail that you receive. I really had no idea of the extent of the effort you all expend.

I know we must seem like a bunch of bratty school-yard kids at times, in need of a referee at recess time. And I'm sure we all appreciate your patience.

We really are grateful for the time and resources the admins devote to this wonderful site.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Sage
Thumbs up Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM View Post
For what it is worth. I have I have been caught up in this "thanks so much for the Admins and the job they do" and "without the Admins I would be lost without TOTV". I was on that train many times in the past year. But what bothers me, the Admins do something in my estimation, wrong, and they still get all the kudos. Brightspot should not have been singled out for taking a thread in the wrong direction. It was the other poster that instigated the post and took it in the wrong direction and she got away with it completely. We all know who she was and is and it will not sit right with us until this is resolved. The Admins seem to scold us and then put us on a guilt trip and we all fall at their feet and tell them how wonderful they are. Well maybe they are great guys for managing this site, but right is right. Don't camouflage the truth and misconstrue the facts to protect an advertiser ( at least that is what I hear she is). That is not professional at any level. Brightspot you have had your off days but not this time. You did nothing wrong but you became the goat. No justice here. JohnnyM
Well said Johnny. You're right.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Default Count Our Blessings

Villages Kahuna used to have a saying in his signature block that was something to the effect, "I hope my greatest problem is finding a donkey in the middle of the road."

Are we the lucky ones or what? We live in TV, have a great forum to communicate, and are enjoying a lifestyle not had by many.

I am just counting my blessings.

And to borrow Brightspot's signature quote (and it is a good one), " They won't always remember what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel."

We have much for which to be thankful.

VK2
Old 10-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Platinum member
Default My Turn

Thoughts posted on my blog.

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie325 View Post
Thoughts posted on my blog.
Cassie. I read your blog and posted too. I am sorry you were hurt. It is too bad that you focused on people jumping on you because you asked for help for your friends moving. That wasn't it at all. I have said this to my children, so many times.

Look around you. What do you see? Do you see other people your age hanging out here?

And something that I heard from my much loved Uncle Ernie.

YOU CAN'T LEARN ANY YOUNGER.

Don't be sad Cassie. Find friends who will comfort you. I will be your older friend. BUT it is not the same as hanging out with people who are experiencing life at the same age. You are the mother of a little girl. You need a support group of friends who have little ones the same age.

Blessings and comfort and wisdom to you little Cassie.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Sage

It's another beautiful day in TV. Be happy, count your blessings. With all the strife in the world, the last place we need more is here in our happy place.
Let's all be happy again.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Sage

You know, chatters talk might be a great place to ask for non-essential help like tkret/cassie asked for. Obviously you would have to bribe many of us to get us to do work for someone that has all their working arms, legs and backs.
If you think it would get buried in this thread, start a new one. Nothing prevents anyone from doing a shoutout on TOTV. Hey, anyone wanna come over and pull weeds out of my flower beds?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Gold member

Hi, I need some help.

I can not find JohnnyM's original post nor can I find him listed under Members List. Where did he go? where did his post go?

Please either send me an email or post on this thread.

I am trying to understand what happened.

Thanks.

HB
Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Hyacinth. I need to email you. I got side tracked. I can't wait to meet you in person. We are all going to have so much fun this winter!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM

HB, I am the same boat as you. I was off line a few days during the move and am clueless as to what happened! But, in the long run it sounds like that may be a good thing!

I look forward to meeting you too!

Karen
Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
You know, chatters talk might be a great place to ask for non-essential help like tkret/cassie asked for. Obviously you would have to bribe many of us to get us to do work for someone that has all their working arms, legs and backs.
If you think it would get buried in this thread, start a new one. Nothing prevents anyone from doing a shoutout on TOTV. Hey, anyone wanna come over and pull weeds out of my flower beds?
I have weeds, too!! Guess I better work on that............ No I better work on work!!! LOL
Old 10-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
Thank you for this post Sam...I am sure that is a good idea...but I did want to make clear that tkret had nothing to do with my request. We had a conversation about his move....I had the idea and posted...he is the one that ultimately pulled the plug on the idea as he was worried...he still may be interested in providing beer and pizza....I don't think he mind us asking for that.....huh tkret? Kathie wants her beer and pizza...I will have wine...

As for your weeds....I will help....only if you point out which are weeds and which are not....otherwise you may be upset ending up with all of your good stuff in the rubbage.... A green thumb is something I do not have....

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie325 View Post
Thank you for this post Sam...I am sure that is a good idea...but I did want to make clear that tkret had nothing to do with my request. We had a conversation about his move....I had the idea and posted...he is the one that ultimately pulled the plug on the idea as he was worried...he still may be interested in providing beer and pizza....I don't think he mind us asking for that.....huh tkret? Kathie wants her beer and pizza...I will have wine...
Pizza and beer (and some cheap rot-gut wine) sounds like a plan so long as we can put this behind us. As I have stated in previous threads I have used www.emove.com in the past for loaders and unloaders and they have never let me down ... will do so again.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.