How come so many posts

Old 08-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
However, sometimes I do wonder if the frequent posters are not part of the administration or "paid" posters.

Just a thought as no one could sit by their computer day and night without accomplishing something else on their life's journey. Plus, even if an innocent query is put forward..........the responses seem to be sugar coated.
Maybe it's a southern thing after all.
Senior Citizen:

I respectfully agree that we disagree with some of your views.

I will go record that I am not a frequent "paid" poster of the admin's for this site but I enjoy this site tremendously and its members.

I would like to think I sometimes I have something to say that's worthwhile.
I am still a wannabee that was blown away by the beauty of TV and its friendly people. Nothing or no one is perfect but TV has a lot to offer.

I am still working and have access to a PC. I am accomplishing something until I can move to TV, (having enough money in retirement and not have to worry).

I am not from the south but from New York. I seen a lot of B.S. in my days and want to live in TV where there seems to be a great majority of happy people. I can't wait to get there so the party can begin!!!!!!!

It's a choice and not sugar coating!!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Senior Citizen:

I respectfully agree that we disagree with some of your views.

I will go record that I am not a frequent "paid" poster of the admin's for this site but I enjoy this site tremendously and its members.

I would like to think I sometimes I have something to say that's worthwhile.
I am still a wannabee that was blown away by the beauty of TV and its friendly people. Nothing or no one is perfect but TV has a lot to offer.

I am still working and have access to a PC. I am accomplishing something until I can move to TV, (having enough money in retirement and not have to worry).

I am not from the south but from New York. I seen a lot of B.S. in my days and want to live in TV where there seems to be a great majority of happy people. I can't wait to get there so the party can begin!!!!!!!

It's a choice and not sugar coating!!!!!
Mea Culpa. However, puzzled as to what views you are referring to?
I do think you took that one statement out of context from the full posting.
This forum has a wonderful wealth of information for all as I mention below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker
I think one of the main reasons that people post is the same reason we converse...it's a connection to others and a way to get to know each other. If we waited to post when we had "THE ANSWER" it would get pretty boring..it's fun to discover each others personalities. If you really want to see inane chatter, check out your facebook or twitter pages..at least here there is a reason, we are all interested in TV and getting to know each other.

THEN I REPLIED TO HER STATEMENT:

I agree . One does learn quite a bit. Ditto for your comment on Facebook.

This is a wonderful grapevine for gathering facts and information about a different retirement choice..........

However, sometimes I do wonder if the frequent posters are not part of the administration or "paid" posters.

Just a thought as no one could sit by their computer day and night without accomplishing something else on their life's journey. Plus, even if an innocent query is put forward..........the responses seem to be sugar coated.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Mea Culpa. However, puzzled as to what views you are referring to?
I do think you took that one statement out of context from the full posting.
This forum has a wonderful wealth of information for all as I mention below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker
I think one of the main reasons that people post is the same reason we converse...it's a connection to others and a way to get to know each other. If we waited to post when we had "THE ANSWER" it would get pretty boring..it's fun to discover each others personalities. If you really want to see inane chatter, check out your facebook or twitter pages..at least here there is a reason, we are all interested in TV and getting to know each other.

THEN I REPLIED TO HER STATEMENT:

I agree . One does learn quite a bit. Ditto for your comment on Facebook.

This is a wonderful grapevine for gathering facts and information about a different retirement choice..........

Senior Citizen:

The fact that you apologized tells me your heart is in the right place.

I have seen in the past where this form of communication leaves something to be desired.

I type a very long response but I thought it was better not to send it onto this forum. Maybe I took it a little too personal and if I did, I apologize.

I think it's best to chalk it up to a miscommunication and be happy!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoshow View Post
There are many posts,why do some people answer posts that they know nothing about,example,I am not sure,I do not know,the poster admits he does not know the answer,do not say anything. I notice it is the same 10 or 15 people who always make these negative answers.
an interesting question that sould be studied. So lets all meet at one of the Bars and have some drinks. ( your treat ) Talk about the problem. Then we can post an answer.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoshow View Post
There are many posts,why do some people answer posts that they know nothing about,example,I am not sure,I do not know,the poster admits he does not know the answer,do not say anything. I notice it is the same 10 or 15 people who always make these negative answers.

I think all input is valuable. Negative is a relative word. I would think most posts that you or I may think are negative are valid opinions of the poster. I've learned to have a thicker skin in my 4+ years on the site. I would not have learned many things about TV had it not been for both the 'positive' and 'negative' posts.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Well bust my britches. Maybe it is, y'all.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
You know what's really ironic? Some of the people referred to have also posted a reply on this topic. Go figure....
You got it Irish! There is a ton of needs and volunteer groups that can never find enough people.
I wish posters could only make one post a day. That would take care of the clique problem or "the group of friends". Use facebook or pms for social.
So good luck to whoever started this thread. Now to follow my own advice. I made my one post for today.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
You got it Irish! There is a ton of needs and volunteer groups that can never find enough people.
I wish posters could only make one post a day. That would take care of the clique problem or "the group of friends". Use facebook or pms for social.
So good luck to whoever started this thread. Now to follow my own advice. I made my one post for today.
One thing you might be overlooking Larry. I'm sure the new owner of TOTV would NOT want us to be limited to 1 post per day. This is an investment for Kenneth not a hobby. And BTW we (the clique as you say) do also keep in touch on facebook. I think I have over 40 FB friends who are also Villagers. You're welcome to join in. For some reason FB is much more friendly than some of the tone here.

PS> Just counted, make that 57 FB friends from TV.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Russ_Boston;377505]I think all input is valuable. Negative is a relative word. I would think most posts that you or I may think are negative are valid opinions of the poster. I've learned to have a thicker skin in my 4+ years on the site. I would not have learned many things about TV had it not been for both the 'positive' and 'negative' posts.[/QUOTE]

with you Russ. No place is perfect, not even TV. For example, the IRS issue has me totally confused -- will it have a negative affect on TV a few years down the road when I'm closer to relocating? But I still think TV is on my radar screen for the future.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:56 AM

[quote=Schaumburger;377684]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I think all input is valuable. Negative is a relative word. I would think most posts that you or I may think are negative are valid opinions of the poster. I've learned to have a thicker skin in my 4+ years on the site. I would not have learned many things about TV had it not been for both the 'positive' and 'negative' posts.[/QUOTE]

with you Russ. No place is perfect, not even TV. For example, the IRS issue has me totally confused -- will it have a negative affect on TV a few years down the road when I'm closer to relocating? But I still think TV is on my radar screen for the future.
Never, ever agree with anybody from Boston because : http://kenbraiterman.com/the-red-sox...st-management/
Old 08-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Sage

[quote=Jim Straz;377717]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Never, ever agree with anybody from Boston because : http://kenbraiterman.com/the-red-sox...st-management/
Joke I assume?

I certainly hope you're not saying I'm racist because I come from the Boston area? You don't even know me.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:05 AM

[quote=Russ_Boston;377718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post

Joke I assume?

I certainly hope you're not saying I'm racist because I come from the Boston area? You don't even know me.
That was a joke. If you can see the word Racist in my post then you need glasses. Try and lighten up some. Have a good day now!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,526 Times in 1,918 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I just knew it had to be a joke.

Good Morning everyone.

Let's enjoy this wonderful place together.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I just knew it had to be a joke.

Good Morning everyone.

Let's enjoy this wonderful place together.
Thanks Gracie. My Yankees just swept the White Sox, and I was kidding about how people from Boston's intelligence has been questioned over the years because of them selling us the "Babe".

Russ may have been on the defense because of the original post, but I didn't post it so I'm going to try and not perceive Russ as a bully on here.

You have a wonderful day there and I wish I could join you;take care, and stay in the shade!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Well bust my britches. Maybe it is, y'all.
I was serious as we have relatives who married into southern families who just seem to have lovely manners and southern charm.....perhaps missing in some New Englanders who are more blunt perhaps....or plain spoken.

Another poster mentioned that something gets lost in the translation , which I'm paraphrasing, when typing vs. speaking in person.

What is perceived by so many as "negativity" may simply be people from "away" trying to find out things about Florida living in general....or people who have lived in other parts of Florida trying to determine if indeed central Florida might be totally different than either coast.

It's common sense on my part not to bash something I've never seen.
But asking questions is not negativity.

This is NOT the alligator , etc. thread, but the best answer I ever got was from two realtors...one in Mount Dora and one in Top of the World when we asked about the citrus fruit critters.

The first said that yes indeed they were there in Mount Dora but that they all do the best they can to keep them out of the homes with pest extermination companies. That was honest and eased my mind.

The male realtor at Top of the World said that the critters , heretofore not to be mentioned, were indeed here in Florida long before any of us were and will remain. I felt that also was honest. As other people have said, keep the food away from them and they won't hang out. Perhaps we did have a bad experience on the Gulf Coast of Florida so better to check it all out.

Having lived in Florida twice and vacationed every single year in Florida, we are not unaware of the beauty of many places as well as the wonderful climate during certain times of the year.........but we also read the Orlando Sentinel...lots of accidents, crime, etc. up that way.

I do fully realize TV is a bubble and a very protective one at that.

As far as the cheerfulness, that's wonderful. When we first moved to Vermont 43 years ago, leaving the RAT RACE and mad traffic dash to work on congested highways behind..........we raved to all our friends and relatives about the beauty of Vermont. the peacefulness of Vermont, how wonderful small town living was.....etc.

They all told us , "You are not living in the real world"...........so I totally understand why Gracie says to come and see it. No one knows unless they are living there.

However, sometimes life is what happens when you are making other plans and trips get delayed for one reason or another.

Now, on the subject of cliques.......old time Vermonters and those born and bred in the state........back in the early 1970's did not welcome out of staters. It took many many years to feel you belonged.

Everything about New Jersey and Vermont were like night and day. But eventually, you were accepted and believe me, they are the salt of the earth and so down to earth that you know where you stand..........this is what I meant by sugar coating. Maybe we've been up here too long.

I also do not like negative people and actually do not consider myself to be negative........I'm always trying to cheer people up in our own world up here.

Again, I'm sure many things can get lost while reading words....which are just words, without the feeling and emotion behind them.

We are going to see TV and we are going to take a second look at midcoast Maine after the first trip to Florida. Maniacs are a lot like Vermonters.

One of the posters whose name I do not recall said that maybe with my "hangups" we should just stay where we are. Good advice.

That's another possibility as we do have a comfortable home and 43 years worth of friends, neighbors and good standing in this community of 16,000 souls with all the services within not even three miles from one end to the other...hubby just said maybe two miles by three miles...........so everything is close....closer than by golf cart in TV as we look at the map.

The realtor who sold our condo for us on Venice's beach said something which I will always remember........"You don't have to buy in Florida to winter in Florida or enjoy Florida"........since we are only 7 months into our retirement, we still have a lot of thinking to do.

I do want to thank the huge amount of posters who have been kindhearted and understanding with my questions. Sorry for being too wordy. As another said, if you don't want to read it...........just skip over it.

It's really difficult to explain why one is asking a particular question, which does take WORDS. I could write a book about our experience in Venice, with an Alzheimered parent in tow.......the other time it was a year on the east coast and enjoyable........just missed the crisp autumns, so we returned and spent the next 40 years up here. But we do have a frame of reference, just not in central Florida except for Disney World which is artificially created.

Best wishes to all of the posters who have been extremely helpful and kind.

Last edited by senior citizen; 08-05-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo and spacing of paragraph

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.