Church other than Sunday?

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default Church other than Sunday?

We would like to attend church services anytime other than Sunday Morning. Does you church offer this? What are the times and the denomination?
Thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 10:58 AM

Lutheran....go to: hope2all.org
Old 12-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My church, St. Timothy's has two morning services every week day and two on Saturday evening.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:06 AM

Fairway Christian Church is non denomination and has a 6pm service on Saturday
Old 12-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

New Covenant United Methodist has a Saturday evening contemporary service.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:55 AM

St Mark's has daily mass.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:23 PM

Not sure if North Lake Presbyterian has services any time but Sunday. But we usually ELCA Lutherans go there sometimes on Sunday morning.

And sometimes we go to Hope Lutheran on Saturdays. (Not both in the same week though. -- I'm just not that holy.)

Both churches are so much bigger than what we are used to. We are still looking for our best TV fit. Will see.

I know the words to almost all the hymns the Presbyterians sing. I just have to be careful not to blurt out 'trespasses' while the Presbyterians are saying 'debts' and not to throw in that extra 'forever' that the Lutherans throw in -- just to make sure.

Best wishes on your journey.

Ecumenical Me

Last edited by Laurie2; 12-17-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcdonald View Post
New Covenant United Methodist has a Saturday evening contemporary service.

What he said and I believe it's at 5:00. And they are a great church with outstanding leadership. It's north of 466 on 101.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There are so many great churches here in The Villages. I haven't gone to all of them, but I have met many of their people. Their kindness and good works shows me their goodness.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
What he said and I believe it's at 5:00. And they are a great church with outstanding leadership. It's north of 466 on 101.
We are regular visitors when we are in TV and will become members when we move full time next September.

The sermons by both the senior pastor and the assistant pastor have been outstanding every time we were there. Looking forward to Christmas Eve and the Sunday after Christmas.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Sage

Village View church in Summerfield has Saturday night services. IF you look at the Saturday's paper here it lists all the churches, contact info and times of worship. You didn't share what you were looking for in a church other than service times....this for us is more important.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Not sure if North Lake Presbyterian has services any time but Sunday. But we usually ELCA Lutherans go there sometimes on Sunday morning.

And sometimes we go to Hope Lutheran on Saturdays. (Not both in the same week though. -- I'm just not that holy.)

Both churches are so much bigger than what we are used to. We are still looking for our best TV fit. Will see.

I know the words to almost all the hymns the Presbyterians sing. I just have to be careful not to blurt out 'trespasses' while the Presbyterians are saying 'debts' and not to throw in that extra 'forever' that the Lutherans throw in -- just to make sure.

Best wishes on your journey.

Ecumenical Me
And New Cov Methodist Church it's holy catholic Church (small c) not Christian. Also Lutheran church "he decended into hell." Meth church does not say that.
Tampa, FL
Old 12-17-2014, 07:48 PM

Avista, oh my, yes, all those little differences (and some big ones, too) among all those different kinds of Protestants. - - I once heard Garrison Keillor do a skit about just that.

One of the things that might be helpful to anyone looking for a church in TV would be to see if the church has a website. Many of the churches here do some wonderful outreach. Churches' websites can give you an idea of the variety of things they are involved in. Lots of good stuff going on.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Avista, oh my, yes, all those little differences (and some big ones, too) among all those different kinds of Protestants. - - I once heard Garrison Keillor do a skit about just that.

One of the things that might be helpful to anyone looking for a church in TV would be to see if the church has a website. Many of the churches here do some wonderful outreach. Churches' websites can give you an idea of the variety of things they are involved in. Lots of good stuff going on.
Love Garrison Keilor! Good idea about church web sites.
Tampa, FL
Old 12-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
And New Cov Methodist Church it's holy catholic Church (small c) not Christian. Also Lutheran church "he decended into hell." Meth church does not say that.
Our current United Methodist church in Ringgold GA has been using a "Creed for Advent" this month that does include "He indured hell" even though our version of the Apostle's Creed removed that term.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.