Pope Francis

Pope Francis

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Sage

People throughout the world turn to the church in times of trouble and I see no evidence to change that for the masses; however, the criminal activities within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church has done horrible damage to so many thousands of faithful members. This new Pope is doing the right thing in taking the first major step to stop the madness and hopefully stop future assaults.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:22 PM

The problem is money. These bishops and cardinals live like princes always have. They suck the earnings of the faithful like leeches and possess a huge sense of entitlement. Why would they give up their palatial digs? Have you watched the TV show "The Borgias"? Why should a "man of the cloth" sworn to poverty be permitted to live a life of luxury with servants, cooks and assistants. Pope Frances needs to fire most of these old hypocrites like he did with the German cardinal! He seems like a truly pious man and I wonder how long the old guard will allow him to continue the very necessary reforms he is making.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 03:32 PM

When I attended Catholic school we, of course, were taught about the heretics like Martin Luther who were burning in hell. History is just repeating itself again. The church was so corrupt in the middle ages that the only way to kill the beast was to leave the church and face excommunication. I have a much different perspective now... nor do I believe I will go to hell for refusing to accept business as usual in the Catholic Church. Finally, free of guilt!
Closed Thread