Any Artists Out There?

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Default Any Artists Out There?

LSV starts Feb 25 and DW would love to hook up with an artist group if possible.
She does oil, water color, and b & w drawing.
Please let me know if there is something happening that she could look in on...Thanks.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatrick99 View Post
LSV starts Feb 25 and DW would love to hook up with an artist group if possible.
Please let me know if there is something happening that she could look in on...Thanks.
Here ya go: Art in The Villages

I hope you can find something that meets during your LSV.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 AM

Thanks Judy..That's just what I was looking for (and about 20 times more than I expected.)
Old 02-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Thanks Judy..That's just what I was looking for (and about 20 times more than I expected.)
If your wife wants to attend any of the classes, be sure to contact the teacher first. The classes are pretty full this time of year. I don't want her to show up with her palette and be disappointed if she can't get in the class.

If you stop by the Hacienda Rec Center, the Belvedere Library & the Sheriff's Annex you can see the latest displays of art from Villages artists. The classes also display the works of their students at Colony Cottage & Seabreeze Rec Centers. I'm sure there are more displays, so maybe someone else can add to the list?

The art opportunities here in The Villages are amazing. We have internationally acclaimed artists who come here to teach workshops. John Salminen will be here this month, and we'll also have Kathie George, Roger Bansemer, Janet Rogers, & Joe Fettingis. Mark Polomchak is also here right now. I attended Diana Gessler's Watercolor Travel Journaling workshop last month & had a wonderful time. These artists come to US, so if you want to take one of their workshops there's no travel/hotel/meal expense -- and you can get to the workshops on a golf cart!

Most of the workshops are through the LIfelong Learning College: http://www.thevillageslifelongcolleg...ne_version.pdf
The art opportunities start on page 13.

I know this isn't the information you wanted, because I don't think they encourage visitors during the workshops, but I did want to share some of the many art opportunities we have here.

But most of all, enjoy your Lifestyle Visit!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
There is an informal art workshop that meets at ten on Wednesdays at Laurel Manor Recreation center on 466 and Buena Vista.

It isn't a taught group, just a group of us working on our projects. There are some mighty talented folks that come there regularly and some handsome displays of their work on the walls.

Tell your wife to bring something she is working on or just stop in to say hello. I am not on the same level of some there but still enjoy it very much. There is charcoal, pastels, colored pencil, acrylic and oil and pen being used ...or anything at all you like to work with.

Tell her to ask for Gracie.

This town is the most amazing place for artistic talent and veteran artists are so helpful and friendly to those of us who are untrained. Many people here taught art at many of the great Institutes and Universities across the country and many people..like me are just now able to have the time to foster a spark.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.